Various html files used to be included in this directory but they were
beginning to bloat the size of the source tarball so they have been
removed in version 1.24 .
Here are the urls of the files that were previously here plus a brief
- overview and examples of this package
- discussion and examples of the sg_dd utility which is a dd variant
(also discusses the sgm_dd, sgp_dd and sg_read utilities)
- discussion and examples of the sg_ses utility. SCSI Enclosure
Services (SES) devices may contain a lot of information,
structured in a non-trivial way.
- discussion of Linux SG_IO ioctl (SCSI pass-through)
- overview of around 25 storage and SCSI tools
There are two versions of sg_scan: one for Linux and the other for Windows.
They have different man pages: sg_scan.8.linux and sg_scan.8.win32 with
the Makefile logic (rule in Makefile.am) copying the appropriate one to
sg_scan.8 . sg_scan is not supported for other ports.
10th February 2010