Endgame: Singularity Changelog
v0.25 (released 2006.08.10):
* There is now a py2exe version available for Windows, which does not
require installation of any other software. (emh)
- Default language changeable via option screen. (emh)
- Finance screen shows CPU usage now. (emh, multiple people for suggestion)
- Options screen can be accessed after game start. (emh)
- Changing the language from the option screen works now. (emh)
- New item/techs. (emh, editing by Phil)
- Add up free CPU properly, for use in maintenance. (emh, bugreport by Simon Goodall)
- Change starting bases/cash. (emh)
- Save directory will be created in the right place now. (emh)
- True cost of constructing CPU items is now displayed. (emh)
- Future cost of techs displayed properly when multiple bases are working. (emh)
- Deleted some extraneous images and optimized some others. (Phil)
- Cleaned up formatting in g.py. (emh)
v0.24 (released 2006.07.13):
- The Page Up, Page Down, Home, and End keys work in all listboxes. (emh)
- Modified money displays to keep them from overflowing. (Phil)
* Suspicion loss is now quadratic; different groups "forget" quicker.
(Phil, Ticho for the suggestion)
* There are now restrictions on the building of items. (emh)
- Fixed a couple scrollbars that weren't working right. (emh)
- Spruced up text. (Phil)
- Fixed a bug with the item cost display. (Phil)
- Fixed a bug when running in NetBSD. (emh, reported by Reno Reckling)
* More items/techs. (emh)
* Bases can now be lost due to disrepair. (emh)
* Added ability to examine items and techs. (emh)
- Added in-game "help" in the form of information on various concepts.
(emh, tweaks by Phil)
* Added preference system. (emh)
- Updated es_AR translation. (Borg[MDQ])
v0.23a (released 2006.03.08):
* Save/load works on Windows again. (emh, rspoerri for bug report)
- Updated option help (emh)
v0.23 (released 2006.03.06):
- Fixed bug that allowed access to uncompleted bases. (emh, Borg[MDQ] for
* Added ability to destroy bases. (emh, multiple people for suggestion)
* Reduced (real-world) processor usage. (emh, anonymous for suggestion)
- Moved savefile location to ~/.endgame/saves (emh, Nescius for patch)
* Added finance screen. (emh, many for suggestion)
- Construction time bonus actually works now. (emh)
- More numbers use commas now. (emh)
- Increased cost of clusters. (emh)
- Adjusted button positions for greater usability. (Phil)
- Minor typo fixes and tightened grammar. (Phil)
* Further massive reduction in processor usage using new Clock class. (Phil,
Adam Bark for original patch)
- Can destroy bases under construction. (emh, Tim Freeman for suggestion)
- Bases under construction are no longer protected indefinitely from being
discovered. (emh, Tim Freeman for noting problem)
- Automatically bump machines working jobs to new job levels when they are
researched. (emh, Phil for suggestion :)
- Tweak Suspicion and Detection displays for readability. (Phil)
- Move around the various displays on the base screen for parity with the map
- Display the name of the base at the top of the base screen. (Phil,
Ticho for suggestion)
- Reduce discovery chance to 0% after the game is won. (Phil, Szabó Roland for
- Properly localize win screen. (Phil)
* Right-click will exit from all menus. (emh, mandos for suggestion)
- Warn players when research selected on the Research screen will not use all
available CPU. (Phil, mandos for suggestion)
- Note bases that are under construction in the base list. (emh, Ticho for
- Display the right construction time for items when you have technologies
that speed up construction. (emh)
- Items will no longer give benefits while under construction. (emh)
- Centralized some of the button code. (emh)
- Tightened up the save/load functions to allow for better save compatibility.
- Add_commas works better with negative numbers. (emh)
- Minor code cleanups. (Phil)
- Convert Evil Tabs in source to (4) spaces. Code should be easier to read and
edit now. (emh)
- Changed savefile signature string to be less release-version based, now that
the format is churning a lot less. (Phil)
- Fix clock code to handle "didn't run fast enough" properly. (Phil, mandos
- Fix clock code to actually return the time spent running; this allows us to
change all clock usage to the new, uses-almost-no-CPU clock code. (Phil)
v0.22 (released 2005.10.05):
[To read about the save file compatibility policy, please see README.txt.]
NOTE: Save files from versions 0.21 and above should work. Save files from
versions 0.20 and before will not work.
- At the start, money gains a minimal amount of interest (as opposed to none).
- Make the 'change research' button more obvious. (Phil)
- Change the way that technologies/items are stored. There is now a separate text
file detailing the technology tree, and another with all of the text
strings. This will allow localization of the technologies. (emh)
- When technologies are completed, we can now display a string detailing the
- Complete rewrite of technology descriptions, better matching the new names.
- Minor cleanup of base descriptions. (Phil)
- New default font (Bitstream Vera Sans), especially useful for systems that
don't have a default Pygame font for some reason (emh; reported by Brian
- Hotkeys for the various speed settings (1-4). (emh)
- Call the 'per day' code for however many days is necessary since the last
- Change the grace period for bases to start when construction is complete.
- Keys can repeat/mouse can be used when in textboxes. (emh, Phil)
- Reduce discovery chances for most agencies for most bases. (Phil)
- Added a new cheat. (Phil)
- Fixed tech studying when money is needed. (emh)
- Added next/prev base buttons. (emh, Borg[MDQ] for suggestion)
- es_AR translation (our first!) (Borg[MDQ], very minor fixups by Phil)
- Moved more things into data files. (emh)
- Flavored names and numbers for the bases. (idea by heatsink, implementation
by emh and Phil)
- Translation-related crash fix. (emh)
- Global Research Screen; allows changing research for all bases. (emh, very
minor fixups by Phil)
- Items give dialog upon completion. (emh; Jens Becker for suggestion)
- Expanded a few listboxes in order to fit the larger base names/techs. (emh)
- Various and sundry bugfixes across old and new code. (emh, Phil)
v0.21a (released 2005.09.19):
- Added '.sav' extension to new save files. Old ones will still load, but
they will save with a .sav extension, and the old save will not be used
any more. (Phil)
- Fixed loading 0.20 saves with technologies currently being researched. (emh)
v0.21 (released 2005.09.19):
- Game will not crash when building a base or item in rare circumstances.
(emh; Christan Brink (among others) for bug report)
- Fixed a few broken keyboard shortcuts, and redid the code to make this bug
harder to create. (emh)
- Renamed almost all technologies. (Phil)
[NOTE: The descriptions of the technologies have not yet been changed to
match their new names. This will be done by the next release.]
- Various typos. (Phil)
- The current speed will be highlighted. (emh; solitonwave Borg for suggestion)
- Changed endgame tech name. (emh; Daniel Radetsky for suggestion)
- Simplified savegame format. (emh; anonymous for suggestion)
- Fixed crash when loading a game, then starting a new game. (emh)
v0.20 (released 2005.09.14):
- Adjusted the README. (Phil)
- Added suspicion display. (emh)
- Slow time back to normal when a base is discovered. (emh)
- Redid base display. (emh)
- All clicks only accept the left mouse button. (emh)
- Scrollwheel works. (emh)
- Balancing. (emh)
- Various bugfixes. (Phil, emh)
- Future cash is displayed next to current cash. (emh)
- Code refactoring. (Phil)
- Bases and savegames can be named. (Phil, emh)
- Default base names are unique. (Phil)
- Suspicion reduces automatically over time. (Phil)
- Reduced cost for reactors and fields. (emh)
- Bases now have a 14-day grace period before they can be discovered. (emh)
- New technology. (emh)
- Various typo fixes. (Phil, emh)
v0.16 (released 2005.09.12):
- Moved code to subdirectory.
- Added Changelog/AUTHOR files (Phil Bordelon)
- Research and jobs are displayed better. (Phil Bordelon)
- Fixed job crash bug. (Phil Bordelon)
- Current research is listed next to the base name.
- Invisible buttons cannot be clicked anymore.
- Bases can be discovered/the game can be lost.
v0.15 (released 2005.09.11):
- Slight performance increase.
- Added help text for researching nothing.
- Added some sound.
- Covert bases are now constructable.
- Locations will only show up if bases are constructable there.
- Jobs added.
v0.14 (released 2005.09.10):
- Fixed a crash when building some bases. (Phil Bordelon)
- Reduced speed when completing research and bases. (Phil Bordelon)
- Savegames will properly store research cost. (Phil Bordelon)
- The "Build Item" screen will only come up once.
- Fixed overpaying for bases.
- Construction of bases that require CPU time is now possible.
- Maintenance costs for bases correctly taken.
v0.13 (released 2005.09.09):
- Bases give a notification when completed.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes. (Phil Bordelon)
- Fixed a crash. (Phil Bordelon)
v0.12 (released 2005.09.08):
- Number of bases for each location listed on world map.
- Closing game window from map or base screens no longer results in a traceback.
- Buttons light up when hovered over.
- Fixed crash from undefined tech.
v0.11 (released 2005.09.05):
- Game will no longer crash in listboxes when choosing a blank item.
- Long listboxes handle clicking correctly.
- Fixed crash related to building new bases.
- Shortcut for building base items works.
- Shortcut for building new bases added.
- Network items work now.
v0.10 (released 2005.09.03):
- Initial release.