# How to contribute
I like to encourage you to contribute to the repository.
This should be as easy as possible for you but there are a few things
to consider when contributing. The following guidelines for
contribution should be followed if you want to submit a pull request.
## How to prepare
* You need a [GitHub account](https://github.com/signup/free)
* Submit an [issue ticket](https://github.com/python-social-auth/social-app-django/issues)
for your issue if there is no one yet.
* Describe the issue and include steps to reproduce if it's a bug.
* Ensure to mention the earliest version that you know is affected.
* If you are able and want to fix this, fork the repository on GitHub
## Make Changes
* In your forked repository, create a topic branch for your upcoming
patch. (e.g. `feature/new-backend` or `bug/auth-fails`)
* Usually this is based on the `master` branch.
* Create a branch based on master `git branch bug/auth-fails master`
then checkout the new branch with `git checkout bug/auth-fails`.
Please avoid working directly on the `master` branch.
* Make commits of logical units and describe them properly.
* Make sure you stick to [PEP8](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/)
coding style that is used already.
* If possible, submit tests to your patch / new feature so it can be tested easily.
* Assure nothing is broken by running all the tests.
* Add a meaningful entry to the `CHANGELOG.md` document.
## Submit Changes
* Push your changes to a topic branch in your fork of the repository.
* Open a pull request to the original repository and choose the right
original branch you want to patch.
* If not done in commit messages (which you really should do) please
reference and update your issue with the code changes. But _please
do not close the issue yourself_.
* Even if you have write access to the repository, do not directly
push or merge pull-requests. Let another team member review your
pull request and approve.
# Additional Resources
* [General GitHub documentation](http://help.github.com/)
* [GitHub pull request documentation](http://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/)
* [Read the Issue Guidelines by @necolas](https://github.com/necolas/issue-guidelines/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md)
for more details
This documented is based in the work from [anselmh/CONTRIBUTING.md](https://github.com/anselmh/CONTRIBUTING.md),
licensed as [Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License](https://github.com/anselmh/CONTRIBUTING.md/blob/master/README.md#license).