NOTE: Before blaming star for something found in this list, look at your favorite
tar implementation for the presence of similar bugs/missing features.
- Need a way to handle backups that include /export/home & /home: Missing links
message because loopback filesystem gives more hardlinks than really present.
- Linkcount below zero with the command: star -c /usr/bin /usr/bin
- Add Option to both (verbose print & errors) appear on stderr.
- malloc path buffers and 'chdir' to be able to deal with pathnames > 1024 bytes.
- add an option to reduce primary file name length to 99 chars
for all formats to enhance the portability of the archives.
- union member .dbuf is still star_header!!!
- If -p flag is ommited, files are handled different from old tar.
Star always does does a chmod on non directories.
Tar uses creat(file, st_mode & 0x07777)
- AIX uses tape.h ??? for mt ioctl's