The following changes were made in 4.6.2 since 4.6.1 release:
* threads.h:447 - fixed _NOTHREADS compilation error (thanks Wu Yongwei)
* stl_solaris.h - fixed pthreads compilation error
* stl_msvc.h : # define _STLP_HAS_SPECIFIC_PROLOG_EPILOG added for VC7.1
* locale_impl.cpp : locale::classic() initialization fixed
The following changes were made in 4.6 since 4.5.3 release:
* A few ANSI conformance fixes (thanks Richard Peng)
* Performance optimization for string::reserve (thanks Marc)
* icc patches applied (Thanks Blaine Kubesh)
* _thread.c, _thread.h: merged thread redesign from CVS (thanks Petr Ovchenkov)
* iostream.cpp, locale_impl.cpp : static initialization made robust for case of
dynamic loader circular depandancies (Thanks Alexey Sarytchev for the report)
* _function.h : integration of a new workaround for mem_fun_* family
for compiler having return void bug (Thanks Pavel Kuznetsov).
* stl_solaris.h : v8plus compilation fix (Thanks Mukesh Kapoor)
* num_put_float.cpp : FreeBSD fix
* _construct.h : fixed case for compilers with default integer
* fstream.cpp : text file stream position bug correction (thanks Christopher Kohlert)
* _num_put.c : Correction of the display of the min 64 bits signed integer values
like numeric_limits<__int64>::min() on WIN32 for instance (thanks Anders Dalvander)
* _num_put.c : Add of the '+' sign when requested for the unsigned integer display
(thanks Francois Dumont)
* debug : many missing iterator invalidation corrected (thanks Detlev V.Davidson and Francois Dumont)
* _new.h : introduction of a new config compiler switch for those which do define
bad_alloc but that do not throw it! (thanks ?)
* _new.h : class nothrow_t changed to struct nothrow_t (Thanks Francois Dumont)
* _bvector.h : Addition of the |= and &= operator on the _Bit_reference struct (thanks Ed Rice)
* Performance bug in type_traits.h fixed (Thanks Francois Dumont)
* Added Linux spin lock code ()
* Added GCC-3.x configurations
* Fixed HP aCC support
* Added OpenWatcom support
* version numbers bumped
* iostreams ported to EMX (gcc on OS/2) (Thanks Martin Schaffoener)
* iostreams ported to CRAY Unicos C90, T90, and J90 (Thanks Geir Johansen)
* stl_sunpro.h : fixed mbstate definition for SUN 4.2 (thanks lengzq)
* complex.cpp, _complex.h : template<> used for specializations
* _num_put.c : unised locale variable removed (thanks Petr Ovchenkov)
* _algo.h : __reverse beautified (thanks Kabanov)
* dll_main.cpp : force_link() forced to be linked in
* stl_msvc.h : config changes for .NET
* _auto_ptr.h : "struct" changed to "class"
* _istream.c : M_read_unbuffered fixed (thanks Stefan Schwarzer )
* stl_gcc.h : added missing inclusion for SCO platform (thanks Emmanuel Soden)
* _tree.c : optimized insert_unique (thanks Timothy)
* _algo.c : relaxed type requirements for lower_bound, upper_bound, binary_search
* _algo.h : adjacent_find() expressed with compare-function flavour
* cpp_runtime/typeinfo : made adjustments for .NET (Thanks Daniel)
* cstd/cassert : guard removed (thanks Evan Cheng)
The following changes were made in 4.5.3 since 4.5.1 release:
* iostreams ported to Windows CE (thanks Andrew Waters)
* iostreams ported to AmigaOS (thanks Steven Solie)
* iostreams ported to NCR 3.x (thanks Emmanuel Soden)
* _hash_map::operator : enhanced to avoid calling default object constructor
(Thanks Yuri Taranenko for the report)
* Identifier "__value" changed everywhere to "__val" to avoid clashes with Microsoft's "managed C++" keyword (thanks Crow for the report)
* Most containers : swap() fixed to swap non-stateless allocators correctly (thanks Scott Meyers)
* _sstream : fix to account for ios_base::app flag properly
* type_traits.h : _IsOKToMemCpy() fixed to only allow memcpy() for same type arguments (thanks Ed Brey for the report)
* stl/_num_put.c, stl/_list.c : workarounds for Debian gcc (thanks Levente Farkas)
* <typeinfo> : fixed MS workaround (thanks Wil Evers, Andrew Ushakov)
* _pthread_alloc.h : added per_thread_allocator class; returns memory to the same thread it's been allocated in.
* _iterator_old.h : restored ->() operator for MSVC (thanks Daniel Anderson)
* a bunch of MPW fixes (thanks Tsutomu Yoshida)
* _config_compat.h : fixed compatibility definition for _STLP_NO_EXCEPTIONS (thanks Nicolas)
* _fstream.c : fixed bug in _M_seek_init (thanks Pavel Kuznetsov)
* _rope.h : rope<>::swap() methods fixed for non-partial ordering case (thanks Eric Musser)
* comlex_trig.cpp : fixed bug on SGI (thanks Mortis)
* A bunch of fixes for HP aCC compilation with -AA option (thanks John Bossom)
* *.c files : added conditional inclusion of corresponding *.h file to fix xlC issues with -tempinc option (thanks Alla Bogolyubov for the report)
* _auto_ptr.h : "struct" changed to "class" (thanks Alex Pinsker for the report)
* _config.h/stl_user_config.h : handling of macro _STLP_WHOLE_VENDOR_STD rectified
* _num_put.c : do_put(const void*) changed to output pointers in hex format (thanks Alex Rosenberg)
* test/eh/test_algobase.cpp : fixed alignment to work on 64-bit architectures
The following changes were made in 4.5.1 beta 1 since 4.5 release:
* _config.h, _epilog.h : new namespace inclusion schema implemented for own iostreams mode
(no std:: redefinition; _STL:: namespace imported into std::, instead of std:: imported to _STL.
C library header files wrappers become obsolete if this mode is used and no own namespace is selected.
They will be moved out to distinct directory in the next release, and default is going to be no own namespace
with own iostreams.)
For some compilers (VC6), this only works with _STLP_NO_OWN_NAMESPACE and _STLP_OWN_IOSTREAMS settings.
* iostreams ported to SCO OpenServer (thanks Emmanuel Soden)
* sparc_atomic.s : added "stbar" to fix multiprocessor crashes on SPARC
* dll_main.cpp : forced link of Bs_G static data members (thanks Sandy Martel). Function wrapped in STLport namespace.
* _alloc.c : fixed _STLP_CHUNK_MALLOC for debug malloc configuration (thanks Markus Sch�pflin)
* _config_compat.h : fixed compatibility section for _STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS
* fstram.cpp , vc6.unicode.mak : fixed bug in wide streams handling for VC6 (thanks Jim Dolter)
* etc/*.txt : files list broken up into several categories for future reorganization
* stl_msvc.h : fixed library selection for .NET (Thanks Franz Zetting)
* _ftsream.h, iostream.cpp : fixed compilation for _STLP_NO_EXTENSIONS case (thanks Ben Dorman for the report)
* char_traits.h : fpos<> operators == made members (thanks Thomas Witt)
* _threads.h : added using directive for Solaris x86 compile (thanks Mukesh Kapoor)
* _threads.h : fixed InterlockedXXX definitions for VC++ 6.0 SP5 (thanks AndreasM)
* gcc-install-apple-macosx.mak : INSTALL_STEP set to install_unix (Thanks Tron Thomas)
* common.mak : default install directory for Unix set to /usr/local
* _string.h : _M_null expressed via _STLP_DEFAULT_CONSTRUCTED (Thanks Anthony)
* _site_config.h : made sure _STLP_NO_THREADS are set if _NOTHREADS is on (Thanks Jeppe Madsen)
* _config.h : _STLP_WIN32THREADS is set (bugfix) ( thanks to Andreas Malzahn )
* _num_put.c, common_rules.mak : patches by Levente Farkas
* etc/STLport-4.5.1.spec : spec file to build STLport-4.5.1 RPM added (thanks Levente Farkas)
* _auto_ptr.h , _debug.c, _debug.h : debug check for auto_ptr pointer added (thanks Gerd Hoeren for the idea)
* debug/_vector.h : invalidation for erase() corrected not to invalidate current iterator (Thanks ALberto Barbati)
* stl_bc.h : restored automatic library link directive for cases when STLport is not a native library
* _auto_ptr.h : template constructor conversion bug fixed (thanks mbergal)
* MIngw32 patches integrated (thanks Wu Yongwei)
* src/complex_impl.h : case for DEC CXX changed to general, instead of extension functions for float and long double, to get it compliled with CC 6.1 (thanks Tony McConnell)
* dll_main.cpp : added __malloc_alloc instantiation (thanks Michael Ehrig)
* _debug.c : fixed race condition in _M_detach (thanks Achim Stremplat)
* test/*/hpacc.mak : fixed flags and libs (thanks Michael Ehrig)
* typeinfo : added fix for MS VC ::bad_cast confusion (thanks Alberto Barbati)
* debug/_vector.h : removed extra guard for MSCV around member template constructor (thanks Alberto Barbati)
* _fstream.h : added extension basic_fstream<> constructors taking protection parameter (thanks Mukesh Kapoor for the idea)
* stl_sunpro.h : added additional C include directory choice for Solaris 6&7 (thanks John E. Bossom)
* _vector.c : added _vector.h inclusion for _STLP_LINK_TIME_INSTANTIATION case (thanks Alex Vanic)
* _num_put.c : fixed overflow case with grouping (thanks Will Evers)
* _istreambuf_iterator.h : fixed distance_type return type (thanks Anthony Williams)
* debug/_vector.h : debug version of push_back() added (thanks)
* Iostreams ported to LynxOS 3.0 (thanks Dmitry Azovtsev)
* wrappers/*.h : added inclusions of the master header to fix xlC 3.x compile (Thanks Dmitry Azovtsev)
* Changes for BCB6 integration (thanks Nathan York)
* Removed all dead code blocks marked by #if OBSOLETE and #if 0
* Updates build spec file for Linux rpm (thanks Levene Farkas, Harold van Oostrom)
* complex_trig.cpp : limits changed to be static, for performance optimization (thanks Sergei Nikolaev)
* _algo.c : eliminated default-constructed iterators, to lift unnecessary restriction (thanks Tonci Tomic )
* _vector.h : fixed bug in assign() : copy used instead of __copy_aux (Thanks Tim Finer)
* stl_sunpro.h : restored _STLP_HAS_NO_NEW_C_HEADERS switch for SUN CC 4.2
* <new> : __stl_new definition put into the namespace (thanks Satoshi Nakamura)
* bcb*.mak : fixed md command and DYN_LINK (thanks Kirby Zhou)
* stl_user_config.h : added _STLP_USE_CUSTOM_CHAR_TYPES_IO switch to optimize iostreams for default case
* debug/_vector.h : fixed debug check bug (thanks Gerd Hoeren)
* _alloc.h : allocator::construct uses std::_Construct (thanks Gert Grossmann)
* stl/_alloc_old.h : restored (thanks Gert Grossmann)
* stl/_threads.h : fixed _STLP_ATOMIC_xxx macros for DEC (thanks Gert Grossman)
* src/_locale_impl.cpp : added missing guards for codecvt<> in _STLP_NO_MBSTATE_T case
The following changes were made in 4.5 release since 4.5 beta 8 :
* _threads.h, debug/_debug.h etc : STLport iostreams library made binary compatible with user code compiler w/o multithreaded switch, for some platforms
* config/stl_msvc.h, <cmath> : corrected _STLP_NO_USING_FOR_GLOBAL_FUNCTIONS for VC++ 6.0 SP5
(Thanks Alberto Barbati)
* src/vc6.mak : RC macro definition restored (Thanks Graham)
* stl/_cmath.h, <cmath> : parts of code moved to <cmath> as <valarray> uses it (Thanks Synge Todo)
* stl/_tree.c : fixed insert_unique() with a hint bug (Thanks Serge Pashkov)
* src/gcc-*.mak : removed -nostdinc++ option
* stl_solaris.h : definition of _STLP_SUNPRO_EXCLUDE made dependant on _XOPEN macro instead of SUN CC macros (Thanks ecohen for the report)
* fstream.cpp : mmap_chunk made to be 1M instead of 16M as was originally intended (thanks Alexey Starikovskiy)
* stl_sunpro.h : _STLP_LIMITED_DEFAULT_TEMPLATES not defined for compat mode anymore ( thanks Michael Kopp)
* dll_main.cpp : added instantiation for _Swap_lock_struct<> (thanks simonb)
* _ostream.c : fixed formatting bug for width()==1
* config/_epilog.h : added option pop section for Borland.
* stl/_threads.h : fixed InterlockedXXX declarations for MS .NET (thanks Piers Haken)
* vc7.mak makefile added for MS VC++ 7.0 (.NET)
* fixed _STLP_ITERATOR_CATEGORY, etc. for Mwerks CodeWarrior 5.0
* stl/_num_put.c : fixed operator<<(void*) to use _STLP_LONG_LONG where available.
* _STLP_WHOLE_VENDOR_STD option is back supported (Thanks anton ephanov for the input)
* _cmath.h : added guard to mask additional overloads (thanks Tim Smith)
* stl_solaris.h : mbstate_t stuff defined here, old-style C headers used (Thanks Mukesh Kapoor)
* type_traits.h : __default_constructed() inlined (Thanks Matt Davies)
* new.h : fix for gcc-3.0 to look in backward directory (Thanks Ken)
* stlport/using/h/streambuf.h added (Thanks Gennadiy)
* A bunch of changes for Borland static and DLL compile (Thanks Nathan York)
* stl/_algo.c : fixed find_end() bug (Thanks Alberto Barbati)
* stl/_queue.h : priority_queue<>::_comp renamed to "comp" as standard states (thanks Todd Greer)
* _limits.c : added correct data member representations for AS400 and Alpha machines (thanks Holger Stash)
* _vector.h : added check to avoid calling allocator<>::deallocate(0) (thanks Stephen Cleary)
* config/_prolog.h, config/_epilog.h : added push/pop pack(8) pragmas for MSVC (thanks Todd Greer, Alberto Barbati)
* gcc.mak's : default spelling for "-pthreads" option changed to "-pthread" as more platforms use that.
The following changes were made in 4.5 beta 8 since 4.5 beta 7 :
* stl/_fstream.c : _M_underflow bug fix for custom codecvt facets (thanks Alberto Barbati)
* bcc55.mak : c_locale.c added to the link command (thanks Steve Loves)
* _iterator_base.h & many other places : iterator tags are being accepted by const reference
instead of value, to fix segmentation faults experienced on certain platforms with beta7.
That also should improve efficiency on same platforms (apparently, empty unreferenced
objects with no constructors/destructors were copied on the stack when passed by value).
Accompanied change eliminates hardcoded deference hack used in previous beta.
Thanks everybody who reported this.
* stl_user_config.h : added _STLP_GCC_USES_GNU_LD switch. This is for those platforms
where native linker does not let gcc to implement automatic instantiation of static
template data members (Tru64, AIX, HP-UX).
It is being put in this file as there is no automatic way to check if we are using GNU ld or not.
* _range_erors.h : depandancy on <stdexcept> and <string> removed for own iostreams mode
(thanks Doug Gilbert)
* debug/_list.h : "typename" added in new methods (thanks Doug Gilbert)
* _config.h, src/common_macros.mak : beta version number bumped
* src/ftream.cpp, c_locale_win32.c : fixes for UNICODE compilation (thanks Valo)
* stl_gcc.h, etc : changes for GCC support on Tru64 (thanks Tobias Ernst)
* _alloc.c : for MS VC, malloc_dbg only used when _STLP_DEBUG_ALLOC is set, not for all debug configs
(Thanks Anton Ephanov)
* test/eh/gcc.mak : directories stuff fixed (Thanks Brodie)
* stl/_complex.h : fixed declarations for long double specializations (Thanks Tsutomu Yoshida)
* locale_byname.cpp, etc. : fixes for Apple compilers by Tsutomu Yoshida.
* _ios_base.h : __evenk id changed not to clash with MS VC++ 7 (thanks Paul Ghezzi)
* _fstream.c : added basic_filebuf constructor workaround for compiler which do not initialize builtins
to zero when default constructed (thanks Alberto Barbati)
* _locale.h : relaxed guerd around templated locale constructor (thanks Alberto Barbati)
* stl_mwerks.h : changes to accomodate CodeWarrior 6.2 (thanks cprosser)
* stl/_cmath.h : extracted from <cmath> for better decoupling
* stl/_std_prolog.h, stl/_std_epilog.h : hooks for future alternative namespace inclusion style.
* config/stl_gcc.h : gcc-3.0 now supported
* src/gcc-beos.h : only static library is being built (dynamic stil don't work) (thanks John Maddock)
* using/iostream : included using/istream and using/ostream
* dll_main.cpp : force_link() fix to prevent numeric_limits static members and
_M_increment/decrement from _tree.c from being optimized out by VC++
(thanks Sofus Mortensen, Alberto Barbati )
* _alloc.c : added CHECK_NULL_ALLOC for _STLP_CHUNK_ALLOC with malloc, to throw exception if malloc returns 0 (thanks ghunt)
* stl_bc.h, <exception> : fixed Borland C++ import of unexpected handler stuff
* stl_ibm.h, etc. : fixes for IBM VisualAge 5.02 to compile
* type_traits.h : bool2type<> changed to be parameterized on int, to work around SUN CC bugs (probably others, too)
The following changes were made in 4.5 beta 7 since 4.1 beta 6 :
* sparc_atomic.s : file missing from the distribution restored
* etc/ subdirectory created; miscellanous files moved there
* STLport ported to BeOs, complete with iostreams (thanks John Maddock)
* Macro _STLP_NO_SGI_IOSTREAMS renamed to _STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS, old references to SGI removed;
* "prepare" target added to all makefiles in src/; should be run before using STLport;
on most platforms it's empty, on some of them it creates necessary symbolic links, etc.
* stl/_deque.h : deque<>::erase bug (introduced in 4.1b4) fixed (thanks to BruceFlorman)
: default parameter in constructor bug fixed (Thanks to Alex Vanic)
* stl_msvc.h : explicit template function agruments enabled for VC++;
* stl_wince.h : added <windows.h> inclusion
* stl/_limits.h : numeric_limits<bool>::digits changed from 0 to 1 (Thanks Mukesh Kapoor)
* stl/_function_base.h : added __identity_element() (extension name), _numeric.h : this one used instead of identity_element() (Thanks Hafeez)
* stl_msvc.h : explicit template function agruments enabled for VC++;
use_facet<> now fully conforms to the standard with VC++. (Thanks Jeff Kohn for the input)
* fstream.cpp : LARGE_INTEGER used to work around Intel shift instruction bug (thanks Thomas Meischner)
* fstream.cpp : ULL macro fixed for Win32
* fstream.cpp : Added test for for INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE and NULL base and _M_view_id,
for _M_close on Win32 (Thanks Stephen Baker)
* fstream.cpp : Fixed corner case with mmap() on EOF (Thanks Jens Maurer)
* _istream.c : fixed _M_read_buffered sssso that it does not skip delimiters (Thanks Gerd Hoeren)
* stl/_string.h : operator __std_string() uses constructor with a size to correctly initialize string containing null chars (Thanks Armin)
* iomanip : added operator for setfill object and istream (was ostream only) (Thanks Mukesh Kapoor)
* stl/_locale.h , stl_intel.h : fixes for Intel 5.0 compiler (Thanks Anton and Marcello Pietrobon)
* stl_solaris.h : added _STLP_NO_NATIVE_WIDE_FUNCTIONS
* New makefiles added for Intel C++ 5.0 and VC++ 6.0 in src/, test/eh, test/regression (Thanks to Marcello Pietrobon)
* _STLP_NO_LONG_DOUBLE case handled for STLport iostreams as well (thanks John Daniel)
* SUN CC compiler template cache is being properly cleaned up (Thanks Whitney Kew)
* dll_main.cpp : added extern "C" around DllMain() (Thanks Danny Smith)
* type_traits.h : added bool parameter to shut up warnings on some compilers (Thanks glassman)
* stl/_rope.h/.c, src/mrcpp.mak, src/mrc.mak, stl/_tree.h : MPW & MRC fixes by Tsutomu Yoshida
* stl_gcc.h : added path for <exceptions> et al for gcc-2.95.3 on FreeBSD (Thanks to
* _tree.h /_tree.c : pointers used as return values instead of iterators for implementation
functions, for efficiency.
* _algo.h/.c : added leading underscrore to some symbols (Thanks to Ed James-Beckerman for the report)
* dll_main.cpp : fixed nothrow object initialization (Thanks to Dan Ingold)
* beta suffix in common_macros.mak updated (thanks to Whitney Kew)
* c_locale_win32.c : incomple fix for locale completed (thanks to Alberto Barbati)
* c_locale.h : _Locale_ALPHA definition for VC++ and mingw32 fixed (thanks Danny Smith)
* _threads.h : fixed _DECTHREADS block to work on both DEC and HP
* _hash_set.h : fixed typo in MSVC++ bug workaround ( Thanks to Jon_Hanson for the report)
* stlport/strstream.h : fixed inclusion for MSVC 6 (Thanks Joachim Achtzehnter)
* _config.h : _STLP_RETHROW changed to avoid warnings with NO_EXCEPTIONS (thanks Richmond)
* _hashtable.c : prime list definition made consistent (thanks Rainer Schnitker)
* stl_hpacc.h : _STLP_FORCE_ALLOCATORS workaround used for Version 3.15 also (thanks Rainer Schnitker)
* stl/_string_io.c : fixed using directive in operator >>() (thanks Rainer Schnitker)
* debug/_deque.h : a check in erase() fixed (thanks Andreas Malzahn)
* debug/_list.h : added remove() to do iterator invalidation; range erase() fixed to do invalidation
* stl_watcom.h : added switches; disabled own iosterams by default;
enabled ->() operator for iterators (thanks Steven Green)
* <exception> : added throw spec for what(); stl_sgi.h : made _STLP_NO_EXCEPTIONS depend on __EXCEPTIONS macro (Thanks Anton Ephanov)
* _string_io.c : operator << : fixed width() interpretation bug
* stl_hpacc.h/cmath : fixed HP aCC settings for -AA option (thanks Doug Gilbert)
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 6 since 4.1 beta 5 :
* _istream.h, _ostream.h, _ios.h, _fstream.h : guard macros fixed to not clash with .h files in "stlport" directory
Also all uses of those macros fixed. (thanks to Gerd Hoeren for the report)
* _debug.c/_debug.h : fixed swap() for rb_tree and list (thanks to Gerd Hoeren for the report)
swap() changed not to invalidate any iterators, as prescribed by the standard
* forced _REENTRANT to be defined when compiling with STLport iostreams and _STLP_DEBUG
(without _STLP_DEBUG it seems to be binary compatible even without that)
* facets_byname.cpp source introduced to replace all xx_byname.cpp files;
restored separate facets .cpp complilation (they used to be included in locale_impl.cpp)
* introduced _STLP_USE_PERTHREAD_ALLOC to optionally use per-thread allocator
(_Pthread_alloc from _pthread_alloc.h) as the deafult node allocator. Only works with pthreads for now.
* Switches _STLP_DONT_REDEFINE_STD and _STLP_WHOLE_VENOR_STD are back (thanks to Anton Ephanov for the report)
* _vector.h : fixed bug in template version of insert (Thanks to Yotam Medini for the report)
* monetary.cpp : unneded hack for cygwin removed (thanks to Dean Sturtevant)
* <iostream> : fixed _STLP_OUTERMOST_HEADER_ID macro
* cin/cout/cerr redefined if no namespaces and SGI iostreams are used, for all compilers, just in case.
* _sparc_atomic.h : fixed and improved atomic ops for gcc
* test/regression : non-backward-compatible old-style __STL_xx macros use changed to _STLP_xx
* config/st_gcc.h : disabled non-standard "extern" use for non-DLL templates
* mingw32 - used 'windows.h replacement' section in _threads.h (thanks to Danny Smith)
* locale Win32 bug fixed (thanks to Alberto Balbarti)
* mingw32 : _STLP_CONST_INIT_BUG defined for dll (thanks to Danny Smith)
* "make clean" glitches fixed (thanks to Whitney Kew for the report)
* _fstream.c : fixed codecvt bug for variable width encoding
* _STLP_ABORT macro introduced to avoid clashes with third-party sw redefining abort() (thanks to Jerry)
* c_locale_win32 : fixed parse bug in __ParseLocaleString (thanks to Danny Smith)
* extra declspecs removed from templates to fix VC++ 7.0 ; only concrete classes have specifiers (thanks to Holger Stasch for the report)
* stl_msvc.h, _hashtable.h/.c : fixes for IA64 compilation (thanks to Rainer Schnitker )
* fixed bugs in "make install" on Unix (thanks to Carlos Paniago)
* dll_main.cpp : DisableThreadLibraryCalls used for optimization (thanks to Alberto Barbati)
* dll_main.cpp : a dummy function added to force <limits> guts for static VC++ link (thanks to Alberto Barbati)
* gcc-linux.mak : flags fixed (thanks to Levente Farkas )
* stl_msvc.h, stl_intel.h : fixed __ICL version test (thanks to Serge Pashkov)
* versioning schema changed on Windows to have .dll extension (thanks everybody for the feedback)
* NetBSD makefiles fixed
* A bunch of fixes by Tsutomu Yoshida : MPW fixes plus :
* stl/_config.h : I believe the definition for _STLP_STD under debug/non-debug configurations swapped.
* typeinfo.h : added check for _STLP_NO_NEW_HEADER for using declaration.
Otherwise three classes will not be included in the namespace std when #include <typeinfo>.
* _istream.c : use of bind2nd (which required _function.h inclusion) changed to use alternate functor (thanks to Sergei Nikolaev)
* stl_msvc.h : removed erroneous _STLP_USE_TEMPLATE_EXPORT setting which caused major code bloat for native streams builds on VC++ (Thanks to Johannes Brunen for the report)
* _string_io.c : fixed Intel C++ compilation bug in native streams mode
* fstream.cpp : added write-sharing for fstream file handle (Thanks to Leland Best)
* stl_gcc.h : disabled wide function imports for linux (some xx_POSIX macro should be really used; disabled for all linuxes for now). Thanks everybody for the reports.
* KAI C++ 4.0 is now supported on SUN
* MAC OS X compilation fixed (thanks Patrick Luby for the patch)
* HP aCC fixes by Michael Tsirkin
* "INF/NAN" string representation for uppercase changed to "Inf/NaN" to behave like printf() on most systems.
* debug/_iterator.c : fixed SUN 6.0 compiler internal error
* typeinfo.h : global scope used to import bad_cast, etc. (thanks to Val Melamed)
* debug/_list.h : missing template versions of remove_if(), merge() added. Missing regular sort() added.
(Thanks to dgehri)
* debug/_slist.h : missing sort() (template and regular) interface added
* _istream.h : eliminated warning about comparison with unsigned (Thanks to Gerd Hoeren for the report)
* template constructors for containers changed to be one version with default allocator agrument, where possible.
* remaining _STL_ prefixes changed to _STLP_
* Solaris 7 compilation fixed
* fstream.cpp : seek() allowed to seek past the end of the stream (Thanks to Phillip Toland for the input)
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 5 since 4.1 beta 4 :
* All internal macros changed to have prefix _STLP_ instead of __STL or __STLPORT or __SGI_STL.
That is to allow seamless wrapping on platforms that use SGI STL as native STL/iostreams.
For backward compatibility, most of user-settable __STL_xxx macros are accepted.
* Versioning of shared libraries made UNIX-compliant
* Some temporary lifetime problems in SGI iostreams which may introduce memory corruption, fixed.
* <new> : fixed memory leak bug due to unclever macro expansion in __stl_new (thanks to Joachim Achtzehnter)
* stl/_tree.h : fixed several bugs in new code for corner cases in insert_equal()/insert_unique() with a hint
(thanks to Micheal Tsirkin for the report and patch)
* _vector.h:284 : __copy call fixed to be __copy_aux (thanks to Alex Vanic)
* _config.h : fixed static build bug due to __STL_EXPOSE_GLOBALS_IMPLEMENTATION typo (thanks to Serge Pashkov)
* fstream.cpp: __pioinfo definition for mingw32 fixed (Thanks to Danny Smith)
* *.SUNWCCh files changed to regular files; moved to "stlport" directory
* pthread_alloc : split into <pthread_alloc>/<stl/_pthread_alloc.h>
* lightweight atomic ops used on SPARC v8plus and v9 (gcc and SUN CC)
* Mac OS X support introduced (thanks to Patrick Luby)
* SGI iostreams ported to DJGPP (thanks to Tanes Sriviroolchai)
* SGI iostreams ported to NetBSD (thanks to Michael Rauch)
* FreeBSD build fixed, now builds for wchar_t too
* DEC CXX build fixed; restricted to dynamic lib only
* SGI MIPSpro build fixed; GNU make has to be used
* Set of HP fixes by Michael Tsirkin
* Set of Watcom fixes by Ricardo Gayozo
* Bunch of Apple MRC/MPW fixes by Tsutomu Yoshida integrated
* Bunch of iostream fixes for Cygwin, Borland and Intel 4.5, by Serge Pashkov
* debug/_list.h : added checking versions of pop_back/pop_front (thanks to Per Liboriussen)
* src/c_locale_win32.c : fix for VC5sp3 (thanks to Petr Ovchenkov), fix for day of week order (thanks to Danny Smith),
fix for null-termination in my_ltoa (thanks to Serge Pashkov)
* Some warnings in debug mode fixed (thanks to Marco)
* type_traits.h : IsP functions return types changed to be more portable (thanks to Serge Pashkov for the suggestion),
__cdecl added for Win (thanks to Todd Wilson)
* debug/_tree.h : added owner check for erase() (thanks to Alberto Barbati)
* stl/_ostream.h : << operator specializations added for compilers w/o partial ordering
(thanks to Alberto Barbati for pointing this out).
* "make install" on UNIX : fixed the target not to remove lib directory;
default installdir restored to be /usr/local (thanks to Jeff de Vries for the input)
* _construct.h : extra cast for __STL_SHRED_BYTE removed (thanks to khesin)
* _relops.h header obsoleted; some extra includes removed
* __STL_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG use normalized; now it's used for all compilers not able
to treat const members as coplile-time constants; enum used for them (e.g VC++).
Thanks to Dean Sturtevant and Gavin Collins for the ideas.
* stlport/cmath : fixed SUN CC 5.0 compatibility mode bug (thanks to ade for the report)
* debug/_hashtable.h : fixed equal_range() bug (thanks to decraft for the report)
* streambuf.cpp/_streambuf.h : fixes xsgetn() bug (thanks to Vadim Egorov)
* istreambuf_iterator<> : nonconforming behaviour fixed (thanks to Tom Widmer)
* _num_put.c : fixed corner case for 0x8000000 output.
* num_get<> : extra get() and do_get() members for "int" and "short" removed; istream operators changed accordingly
* _itreambuf_iterator.h/_ostreambuf_iterator.h introduced to decouple those from num_get/num_put
* gcc makefiles in src : "-fno-implement-inlines" removed
* Added workaround for gcc's limits.h and SUN Ultra with -mcpu=ultrasparc in 32-bit mode.
* ios_base:: type for constants made "int" for all compilers, as it more efficient and perfectly compliant.
* debug/_hashtable.h : fixed typo in swap() ( thanks to Gerd Hoeren for the report)
* debug/_string.h : +() operators defined unconditionally ( thanks to Gerd Hoeren for the report)
* _istream.c : removed dependancy on _function.h (thanks to Kenny Simpson for the report)
* _limits.c : fixed little-endian representation of infinity & NaN (thanks to Rene van Oostrum)
* _stdio_file.h : fixed postdecr macro for 64-bit Solaris (thanks to Jim Cole)
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 4 since 4.1 beta 3 :
* Simulation of class partial specialization (thanks to Mat Marcus and Jesse Jones of Adobe)
used to provide following enhancements :
- type_traits are automatically specialized for all pointer types for all compilers,
which makes them able to utilize type_traits-based optimizations when dealing with pointer types,
- all functions specialized for pointers and optimized via __type_traits
( like copy()/copy_backward(), _uninitialized_xx) now enjoy this optimization for all compilers!
- generic __value_type()/__difference_type()/__iterator_category() are written so user does not have
to supply any of its own even when partial specialization is not available.
(Note : gcc-2.7 and VC++ 5.x, 6.x have bugs which prevents them from using this enhancement, still)
* <iterator> : by default, non-standard iterator query names like
value_type()/difference_type()/iterator_category() are not used
* <algo> : major revision:
- algorithms without explicit Compare() function expressed via the one that has it where possible.
This considerably reduces header size and reduces code bloat for programs which use both flavours of
- some function bodies moved between .c and .h
- all functions used internally moved out to _algobase.h, so no other header includes <_algo.h> anymore
- find() specialized for random access iterators regardless of partial spec.
* Dynamic libraries (.DLL and .so) : name versioning used to prevent clashes between STLport versions
* src/ : code regrouped between .cpp files to provide for less executable size with dumb linkers;
* locale subsystem initialization : startup changed to use statically allocated structures as much as possible;
* <stl/_function.h> : basic stuff moved to _function_base.h ;
other STL headers now include _function_base.h instead
* _threads.h : MT support for OS/2 added (only tested with VAC++)
* _stdio_file.h : added support for Solaris in ELF64 mode (thanks to Holger Stasch)
* stl/_hashtable.h :  operator for hash_map optimized to take no more than find() when element is present
(Thanks to Thomas Witt et al.)
* _ostream.h : fix for default unsigned char (thanks to Holger Stasch)
* all __STL_ABBREVS abbreviations moved aside in _abbrevs.h header.
* Fujitsu C++ Compiler support added (thanks to Holger Stasch)
* Initial SGI iostreams port to OS/390 introduced (thanks to Holger Stasch).
* More on SGI iostreams port to xlC 5.0 (thanks to Holger Stasch).
* Fixes for SGI MIPSpro compilers (Thanks to Ralph)
* Fixes for HP aCC compiler (Thanks to Michael Tsirkin)
* stlport/SC5 directory : removed C library .h files to fix circular inclusion problem with WS6.0 + C programs.
* hash_map::swap() in debug mode fixed (thanks to Anton)
* __STL_COMPILE_INSTANTIATE hack for DEC removed (thanks to Ralph)
* __STL_INLINE_STRING_LITERAL_BUG defined for HP aCC ( thanks to Jason Taylor)
* _bitset.h - member workaround operators made const (thanks to dzwick)
* _bitset.h/.c, hashtable.h -- small bugfixes (thanks to Levente Farkas)
* <exception> - now includes exception.h if only that is available.
* vector::assign() inplemented for vector::iterator when member templates are not available (Thanks to dzwick)
* fstream.cpp : __pioinfo used for MinGW32 (thanks to Danny Smith)
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 3 since 4.1 beta 2 :
* list<>::clear() : protected access bug fixed
* __STL_MUTEX_INITIALIZER set back to PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER for pthreads case,
as some platforms (eg AIX) do not treat zero-initialized mutex as valid one (thanks to Alex Vanic, Jack Andrews for help)
* stl/_limits.c : fixed typo preventing numeric limits constants to be defined for __STL_LITTLE_ENDIAN,
constants initialization fixed (thanks to Ingo Donasch)
* real implementation of locales for Win32 contributed by Anton Lapach (thanks !) merged in.
* stl_user_config.h, _config.h : changed default to not define relops:: operators
in __STL_NO_NAMESPACES mode.
* _numeric_facets.c/num_put.cpp : printing of integer do not use sprintf() anymore
* "install" target implemented for UNIX & VC++ Makefiles. It now installs headers and libraries.
* "src" : files merged to get less compilation time and less space overhead for imperfect compilers
* "debug" flavour of STLport excluded from default build and auto-select ;
please use __STL_USE_DEBUG_LIB and build debug STLport lib explicitly with "make debug_dynamic"
if you really need it). "all" now builds 2 kinds : "release" and "STLdebug", for static and dynamic builds.
* stlport_prefix.h : WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN set for Win32 build of STLport library, for speed.
* FreeBSD compile fixed; makefiles added.
* All "__init" changed to "_Init" to fix clashes with DEC conventions (thanks to Holger Stasch)
* _range_errors.h -- fixed to always set __STL_EXTERN_RANGE_ERRORS for SGI iostreams (thanks to Serge Pashkov)
* *gcc* mak : some files renamed to gcc-platform mak
* "extern template" extension used for gcc & standard i/o classes, to reduce code bloat in application's .o
* "extern template" extension used for VC++ & standard i/o classes (was for DLL only)
* _iterator.h : added template(and non-template) assignment operator for reverse_iterator<> (thanks to psw). Obsolete HP-style code moved to _iterator_old.h
* _alloc.h : obsolete code for raw SGI allocators support moved to separate header, for compile-time improvement
* More iostreams code conditionally moved out for clients who only use standard i/o and can set __STL_NO_CUSTOM_IO flag
* <iostream>, <locale> : initialization of locale subsystem made independent of standard streams.
sync_with_stdio call before iostream initialization now works.
* <fstream>, <fstream.h> : added initialization code for locale , same as in <locale>
(thanks to George Trojan for the report)
* fstream.cpp : fixed resource leak in case memory map fails on Win32 (thanks to Mark Laffoon)
* <cmath>, <cstdlib> : added additonal overload signatures required by chapter 26.5 of ANSI (thanks to Levente Farkas for
the suggestion), plus "long long" flavour where applicable.
* __STL_LONG_LONG generalized to support __int64 on Win32 (thanks to Adam Gates for the suggestion)
* _fstream.h : added constructor from file descriptor, as extension (thanks to eric_a_benson)
* _fstream.h : added basic_filebuf<>::fd() file descriptor accessor, as extension (thanks to George Trojan)
* stl_sunpro.h : strstream masked for CC 4.2 to avoid virtual table clash (thanks to Ken)
* stl_msvc.h : member templates allowed for VC5, it's capable of hadling most of them (same restrictions as VC6 -- inline).
* debug/_debug.c : slightly changed format of debug message to please VC++ IDE (thanks for Bruce Dawson for the suggestion)
* src/sgi_mipspro.mak added, for SGI MIPSPro compilation
* merged series of HP/SUN minor fixes by Petr Ovchenkov
* merged series of Intel 4.5 fixes by Serge
* vc_common.mak : -Yd dropped, as obsolete (thanks to psw)
* _range_errors.h:95 : unused argument removed (thanks to George Trojan)
* _string_io.h : refined _WRTLING workaround for Watcom (thanks to Serge Pashkov)
* _threads.h : fixed SGI threads dafines for gcc on IRIX (thanks to Brett Denner for the report)
* <typeinfo.h>, <typeinfo> : mutually-exclusive machanism added to allow including both in same unit.
* Inclusion of SGI iostreams headers put to some order; _streambuf_iterator.h file introduced to resolve circular dependancies
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 2 since 4.1 beta 1 :
* _algobase.h : fixed __STL_DECLARE_COPY_TRIVIAL definition
(thanks to Charles Burfoot for the report)
* _algobase.h : added copy_backward specializations for builtin types for compilers w/o partial spec.
* _char_traits.h : fixed zero-length check for copy (thanks to Michael Tsirkin)
* msvc_warnings_off.h : fixed "and" typo
(thanks to Charles Burfoot for the report)
* num_put_float.cpp : fixed rounding for "g" format (thanks to Bernd Mohr for the report)
* Initial port of iostreams to xlC 5.0 added (thanks to Jack Andrews)
* stl_sunpro.h : a fix for Forte config (Thanks to Alex Vanic for the report)
* old_hp/iterator.h : fixed iterator_category()/etc. import
* _threads.h : __stl_atomic_t used instead of "unsigned long" (thanks to Alex Vanic for the report)
* using/iomanip : old-streams path used for native iomanip.h (thanks to Michael Tsirkin for the report).
* _bitset.h , _bitset.c : direct STL_THROW replaced with __stl_throw_xxx calls (thanks to Michael Tsirkin for the report)
* range_errors.h/cpp : added functions to support throwing of overflow_error and invalid_argument
* _threads.h : enganced HP-specific guards for HP-UX 11 (thanks to Matthew Collins for the report)
* _string.h : compare() bugfix (thanks to Anton Sergeev)
* moneypunct_byname_w.cpp : rolled back wrong bugfix (thanks to Ken)
* _vector.h, _deque.h, _list.h : nonstandard versions of push_back()/push_front()
moved under __STL_NO_ANACHRONISMS guard (thanks to Ed Brey)
* _tree.c, _list.c, _slist.c, _debug.c : compile-time improvements
* _tree.h/c, _list.h/c, _slist.h/c, _vector.h/c, _string.h/c : using directive for data members
changed to explicit "this->".
* _complex.h : signatures of some methods changed to take value_type instead of const value_type&,
for better conformance (thanks to Petr Ovchenkov)
* Bunch of fixes to compile with gcc on HP-UX 10, 11 (thanks to Petr Ovchenkov)
* Code duplication for __STL_INLINE_MEMBER_TEMPLATES removed -- corresponding methods are always inlined
* stl_sunpro.h : fix for "-compat" mode (thanks to Vijay Ramachandran)
* pthread.h : new wrapper added
* Added custom prolog/epilog for HP aCC to select kthreads on HP-UX 11 (Thanks to Michael Tsirkin)
* <new> : fixed throw specification for bad_alloc (has to be inherited)
* Macro __STL_NATIVE_CPP_RUNTIME_INCLUDE_PATH introduced to specify separate path for <exception>, <typeinfo>, <new>.
(thanks to Bryan Byrnes)
* <stdio_streambuf> : moved from stlport/stl to stlport directory, for SGI compatibility
The following changes were made in 4.1 beta 1 since 4.0 :
* Sun Forte 6.0 C++ configuration provided (thanks to Alexander Vanic for the input)
* _threads.h/_config.h : added efficient support for atomic operations for
DEC CXX and Watcom (thanks to Ricardo Gayoso for the input).
Macros __STL_ATOMIC_xxx introduced to facilitate this.
* _tree.h : optimizations to lower number of comparisons (thanks to Craig Powers for the patch)
* _tree.h, _hashtable.h and clients : added templated find() as an extension (thanks to Michael Tsirkin for the suggestion)
* _tree.h : changed some inlining for performance optimization
* __node_alloc:: allocate broken into two functions for better inlining
* _threads.h : added PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER guard for HP workaround
* stl_bc.h : option set to control alignment and virtual table behaviour to be consistent;
library name adjusted to stlport_bcc55_xxx
* _algobase.h, _uninitialized.h, char_traits.h -- optimized out empty memcpy() calls
(thanks to Michael Tsirkin for the report).
* _iterator.h : fixed reverse_iterator::operator+(int, reverse_iterator) resolution
(thanks to Anton Sergeev for the input)
* _bitset.h : bitset<>::test bugfix (thanks to Anton Sergeev for the patch)
* complex_trig.cpp : use of __STL_NO_LONG_DOUBLE made consistent, fixes for Borland on Linux
(thanks to John Wiegley for the input)
* moneypunct_byname_w.cpp : bugfixes for string copying (thanks to Anton Sergeev for the input)
* Watcom-specific fixes (thanks to Ricardo Gayoso for the input)
* src/common_macros.mak : some intermediate targets added (thanks to Jeremy for the suggestion)
* _debug.c : fixes for Win CE (thanks to John Hynes for the patch)
* Intel CC 4.0-specific fixes (thanks to Sean Cavanaugh for the input)
* _list.c : workaround for Watcom C++ (thanks to Mike Steed for the report)
* __STL_NO_NATIVE_WIDE_STREAMS definition fixed (thanks to Glen Summers for the patch)
* cast macros fixed to be more robust (thanks to Geoff Oakham for the report)
* "strstream.h" native inclusion for VC 6.0 fixed (thanks to Sathish T C for the report)
* debug/_string.h : improvement to string with __STL_DEBUG w/o member templates
(thanks to Paul Furnanz for the report)
* debug/_string.h : fixed internal compiler error for VC++ 5.x (thanks to chvetsov for the report)
* cstdio, stl/_streambuf.h : fixes to allow gcc compilation with -ansi flag
* workaround for cin/cout renaming on HPUX11 for -D_REENTRANT (thankf to Jeff Sparkes for the report)
* cin/cout/cerr/clog renaming in STLport for CC 4.0 and SGI iostreams,
to avoid symbol clashes with native ones (thanks to Dirk Schreib for the report)
* type_info scope fixes for VC++ 6.0 (thanks to Sathish T C for the report)
* typeinfo.h using fixes (thanks to Glen Summers for the input)
* stlcomp.h : fixes to allow compilation of .c modules with VAC++, Sun CC, DEC CC, Watcom CC
(thanks to Dmitry A.Steklenev, Jonathan Richardson for the report)
* debug/_tree.h : fixed insert_unique() bug (thanks to Ben Liblit for the report)
* regression/gcc.mak made non-dependant on "." in the path
(thanks to Thomas Matelich for the report)
* hmset1.cpp fixed to compile under OS390 ( thanks to Andrey Khovanskiy for the report)