SystemConfigurator is heavilly used in OSCAR (Open Source Cluster Application Resources)
for doing the final configuration on freshly deployed cluster nodes.
Development of the original systemconfigurator project has slowed down very much
since the year 2003. The main contributions to the development and maintenance of
systemconfigurator have come since then from OSCAR developers:
* Erich Focht <email@example.com>
* Bernard Li
* David N. Lombard
* Geoffroy Vallee
Credits below are for development until the year 2003.
System Configurator Credits - Copyright 2001-2003 International Business Machines
System Configurator is Free Software, and is supported by a number of
The following people have contributed code and documentation to System
Configurator to make it what it is today (alphabetic order):
* Bryan Bayerdorffer <firstname.lastname@example.org:>
* Michael Chase-Salerno <email@example.com>
* Sean Dague <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Dann Frazier <email@example.com>
* Joe Greenseid <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Igor Grobman <email@example.com>
* V Hoffman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Erik Jacobson - <email@example.com>
* John Kim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Pramath Ramaswamy <email@example.com>
* Alain St-Denis <Alain.St-Denis@ec.gc.ca>
The team would also like to thank the following people for contributing
ideas, advice, and often massive testing. All of this is directly
responsible for the fine software you see here today.
* Trey Belew <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Steven A. DuChene <email@example.com>
* Rich Ferri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Brian Finley <email@example.com>
* Lynn Moss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Nick Henke <email@example.com>
* Carl Pecinovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We would like to thank David Muir Sharnoff for his excellent
Net::Netmask module (available seperately via CPAN URL<http://cpan.org>).
This module is included in System Configurator for doing network math.
We would like to also thank the Linux Mandrake Harddrake team for their
compilation of device drivers used in the linux kernel. A modified
version of that datafeed is included in System Configurator as a Perl
module for the hardware detection component.