/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 3; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* The external helper app service is used for finding and launching
* platform specific external applications for a given mime content type.
interface nsIExternalHelperAppService : nsISupports
* Binds an external helper application to a stream listener. The caller
* should pump data into the returned stream listener. When the OnStopRequest
* is issued, the stream listener implementation will launch the helper app
* with this data.
* @param aMimeContentType The content type of the incoming data
* @param aRequest The request corresponding to the incoming data
* @param aContentContext Used in processing content document refresh
* headers after target content is downloaded. Note in e10s land
* this is likely a CPOW that points to a window in the child process.
* @param aForceSave True to always save this content to disk, regardless of
* nsIMIMEInfo and other such influences.
* @param aWindowContext Used in parenting helper app dialogs, usually
* points to the parent browser window. This parameter may be null,
* in which case dialogs will be parented to aContentContext.
* @return A nsIStreamListener which the caller should pump the data into.
nsIStreamListener doContent (in ACString aMimeContentType,
in nsIRequest aRequest,
in nsIInterfaceRequestor aContentContext,
in boolean aForceSave,
[optional] in nsIInterfaceRequestor aWindowContext);
* Returns true if data from a URL with this extension combination
* is to be decoded from aEncodingType prior to saving or passing
* off to helper apps, false otherwise.
boolean applyDecodingForExtension(in AUTF8String aExtension,
in ACString aEncodingType);
* This is a private interface shared between external app handlers and the platform specific
* external helper app service
interface nsPIExternalAppLauncher : nsISupports
* mscott --> eventually I should move this into a new service so other
* consumers can add temporary files they want deleted on exit.
* @param aTemporaryFile A temporary file we should delete on exit.
void deleteTemporaryFileOnExit(in nsIFile aTemporaryFile);
* Delete a temporary file created inside private browsing mode when
* the private browsing mode has ended.
void deleteTemporaryPrivateFileWhenPossible(in nsIFile aTemporaryFile);
* A helper app launcher is a small object created to handle the launching
* of an external application.
* Note that cancelling the load via the nsICancelable interface will release
* the reference to the launcher dialog.
interface nsIHelperAppLauncher : nsICancelable
* The mime info object associated with the content type this helper app
* launcher is currently attempting to load
readonly attribute nsIMIMEInfo MIMEInfo;
* The source uri
readonly attribute nsIURI source;
* The suggested name for this file
readonly attribute AString suggestedFileName;
* Saves the final destination of the file. Does not actually perform the
* NOTE: This will release the reference to the
void saveToDisk(in nsIFile aNewFileLocation, in boolean aRememberThisPreference);
* Remembers that aApplication should be used to launch this content. Does
* not actually launch the application.
* NOTE: This will release the reference to the nsIHelperAppLauncherDialog.
* @param aApplication nsIFile corresponding to the location of the application to use.
* @param aRememberThisPreference TRUE if we should remember this choice.
void launchWithApplication(in nsIFile aApplication, in boolean aRememberThisPreference);
* Callback invoked by nsIHelperAppLauncherDialog::promptForSaveToFileAsync
* after the user has chosen a file through the File Picker (or dismissed it).
* @param aFile The file that was chosen by the user (or null if dialog was dismissed).
void saveDestinationAvailable(in nsIFile aFile);
* The following methods are used by the progress dialog to get or set
* information on the current helper app launcher download.
* This reference will be released when the download is finished (after the
* listener receives the STATE_STOP notification).
void setWebProgressListener(in nsIWebProgressListener2 aWebProgressListener);
* The file we are saving to
readonly attribute nsIFile targetFile;
* The executable-ness of the target file
readonly attribute boolean targetFileIsExecutable;
* Time when the download started
readonly attribute PRTime timeDownloadStarted;
* The download content length, or -1 if the length is not available.
readonly attribute int64_t contentLength;