/* play.h: Functions to drive game-play and manage the game state.
* Copyright (C) 2001-2006 by Brian Raiter, under the GNU General Public
* License. No warranty. See COPYING for details.
/* The different modes of the program with respect to gameplay.
SuspendPlay, SuspendPlayShuttered, ResumePlay,
BeginInput, EndInput, BeginVerify, EndVerify
/* TRUE if the program is running without a user interface.
extern int batchmode;
/* Change the current gameplay mode. This affects the running of the
* timer and the handling of the keyboard.
extern void setgameplaymode(int mode);
/* Initialize the current state to the starting position of the
* given level.
extern int initgamestate(gamesetup *game, int ruleset);
/* Set up the current state to play from its prerecorded solution.
* FALSE is returned if no solution is available for playback.
extern int prepareplayback(void);
extern int setstepping(int stepping, int display);
extern int changestepping(int delta, int display);
/* Return the amount of time passed in the current game, in seconds.
extern int secondsplayed(void);
/* Handle one tick of the game. cmd is the current keyboard command
* supplied by the user, or CmdPreserve if any pending command is to
* be retained. The return value is positive if the game was completed
* successfully, negative if the game ended unsuccessfully, and zero
* if the game remains in progress.
extern int doturn(int cmd);
/* Update the display during game play. If showframe is FALSE, then
* nothing is actually displayed.
extern int drawscreen(int showframe);
/* Quit game play early.
extern int quitgamestate(void);
/* Free any resources associates with the current game state.
extern int endgamestate(void);
/* Free all persistent resources in the module.
extern void shutdowngamestate(void);
/* Initialize the current state to a small level used for display at
* the completion of a series.
extern void setenddisplay(void);
/* Return TRUE if a solution exists for the given level.
extern int hassolution(gamesetup const *game);
/* Replace the user's solution with the just-executed solution if it
* beats the existing solution for shortest time. FALSE is returned if
* nothing was changed.
extern int replacesolution(void);
/* Delete the user's best solution for the current game. FALSE is
* returned if no solution was present to delete.
extern int deletesolution(void);
/* Double-check the timing for a solution that has just been played
* back. If the timing is incorrect, but the cause of the discrepancy
* can be reasonably ascertained to be benign, the timings will be
* corrected and the return value will be TRUE.
extern int checksolution(void);
/* Turn pedantic mode on. The ruleset will be slightly changed to be
* as faithful as possible to the original source material.
extern void setpedanticmode(void);
/* Slow down the game clock by the given factor. Used for debugging
extern int setmudsuckingfactor(int mud);