- added '--quiet' flag which suppresses leading comments in output
- default directory for config files is now /usr/local/share/unrtf
and this can be changed when configure is run at compilation time
- subdirs in config directory eliminated making it easier for a user
to supply their own in a single directory specified with -P
- code for two hex characters introduced in 0.21.2 completely replaced
by more generalised string handling.
- major improvements to codepage handling
- major improvements in unicode handling
- latex config file improved. Some Greek characters output properly.
- troff_mm config file improved such that this option is now useful
- added feof() calls to fgets() and fgetchar() instances so end-of
file is correctly determined under AIX
- supplemented code to handle special characters specified with
two hex characters (e.g. \'81\'83) as output by some RTF
writers. This code is experimental, and uses the SHIFT_JIS
codepage for conversion.
- definitions in html.config changed to ensure values of markup variables
are enclosed in double quotes, e.g. size="3" instead of size=3. This
is a first step towards supporting production of XHTML.
- fixed strings in unicode_to_string() (unicode.c) to be null
terminated instead of newline terminated. This prevents spurious
newline output after characters in Symbol font. It also overcomes a
fault whereby characters in the symbol font were being output as
unicode instead of the desired entities defined in the output
- suppressed output of <font face="Symbol"> as this is wrong if
characters are changed to unicode or entities
- changed path set with -P to be directory containing the output
charmaps specifications, and changed the default path to
/usr/local/lib/unrtf for the same reason. This makes it possible
to set a different default path, useful for example if one cannot
install files in /usr/local/lib.
- dropped "outputs" and "charmaps" sub-directories in the configuration
directory. Output configuration files are now named "html.conf",
"text.conf" etc. and the symbol font charmap file is "SYMBOL.charmap".
- charmap specifications now sought in the search path
- compensate for RTF with unicodes specified as negative numbers,
possibly due to overflow on a 16bit machine?
- changed processing of --html (etc.) args so that "-t html" and
"--html" are equivalent, i.e. both subject to search path set with
- major changes to code page support and UTF handling
- improved LaTeX output
- /usr/local/lib no longer hard wired - set by configure
- ignore embedded picture which cannot be rendered
- allow unnested bold/italic to be interpreted as expected. Such input
may be outside the RTF spec, but can be created by TextEdit. The
change has been limited to the bold command (cmd_b in convert.c)
on an experimental basis. If no bugs appear it could be more generally
- improved code for the unnested case and extended to more RTF commands