Here it is... the UnZip 5.1 port for the Atari ST/TT/Falcon!
This took me longer than I expected thanks to a difference between the
MiNT library and most UNIX libraries... symlinks are 0x16000
instead of 0xa000... I'm told this isn't even defined in POSIX, so I
can't really complain. At least we've got a filesystem that can use
This port requires GNU C and allows you to build an unzip/zipinfo/funzip
that supports long filenames (on appropriate filesystems, thanks to the
MiNT library), as well as symlinks. It also does "proper" (ie, DOS-style)
translation of text-file end-of-line characters. The programs also build
as shared-text binaries, so you can start unzipping several files at once
in the background and only a small part of unzip will be duplicated in
I build unzip with the MiNT library, GNU C 2.5.8 (2.5.7 and lower have a
rather sever problem in the optimiser that affects 68000 code only; it
adds 68020-only instructions to the 68000 code). Oh, and I tested it
extensively under MiNT's minix filesystem as well as the bogus DOS
filesystem that "normal" Atari partitions have.
The Makefile won't need any editing if you want to built unzip et al. on
a minix filesystem; if you want to install it on a DOS filesystem, use
"cp" instead of "ln" for zipinfo. [Or, to save disk space, make a script/
command-file which invokes "unzip -Z ...". --CN] This is such a good
idea that I'm annoyed that Greg thought of it and I didn't... ;-) If
you're using a shell worth your while, you can alias zipinfo to
'unzip -Z' and then forget all about this paragraph.
If you want to compile this using Turbo C (aka Pure C in North America)
you're on your own... That's ok, I'll make a nice binary version of
unzip available as soon as the official 5.1 version is released (give or
take a few days).
Enjoy! Cave Newt should be given kudos for keeping this monster easy to
port... ;-) [Hah! But thanks anyway. :-) --CN]
PLEASE email me to tell me if you've uploaded the source or binary
versions of Unzip 5.x to any BBS systems or commercial online systems so
we can update the WHERE file!