* The author of this software is Gary Capell.
* Copyright (c) 1995, 1996 by Gary Capell.
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
* purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice
* is included in all copies of any software which is or includes a copy
* or modification of this software and in all copies of the supporting
* documentation for such software.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, THE AUTHOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY
* REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MERCHANTABILITY
* OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Wily is an emulation of Acme. Acme was written by Rob Pike. Nearly all of
the nifty ideas (but none of the source code) in Wily are taken from Acme.
Read INSTALL for hints on how to build.
Ignore error messages like "no libXg configuration in dir sam"
If 'make' fails, try 'gmake' (GNU make).
Mail email@example.com to subscribe to a list discussing wily
(and to find out about new releases).
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you get this working and you like it, or
mail email@example.com if you have problems getting something to work.
Some Wily documentation is in wily/Doc and more will soon follow.
Start with wily/Doc/00README
README.sam contains some info about Sam and libXg, from which
a bunch of code for wily was grabbed.
Wily is Unicode aware, so with the right font files it will display all
sorts of international characters. See
http://www.cs.su.oz.au/~matty/9term/index.html for documentation on
another Unicode-aware program (using the same libraries), including
some screen shots showing some of the characters available, and a
bundle of (mono-space) Unicode fonts.
Wily is nicest to use with a proportional font. Use wily -fn
<fontname> or use X defaults. Wily.ad is my application defaults file,
prop.9.font and fixed.9.font are my two font files. These refer to
some fonts distributed with 9term. I would be _very_ happy if someone
contributed a full set of proportional Unicode fonts.