21/11/2001: Project started
22/11/2001: First version (0.1) released
20/06/2002: Bug Fix: Each click does not create a new dialog box anymore. Only
one is created
26/07/2014: Version 1.0 released.
* Convert to GTK3 and autotools.
* Incorporate several changes from Debian, including renaming
wmShutdown to wmshutdown and Shutdown to wmshutdown-run.
07/08/2014: Version 1.1 released.
* Use logind instead of calling /sbin/shutdown; delete wmshutdown-run as
it is no longer needed.
* Update copyright information and documentation.
* Add command line options (--help and --version).
25/10/2014: Version 1.2 released.
* Add --with-consolekit configure option to enable users wanting to use
ConsoleKit instead of logind.
* Use dialog to communicate dbus errors.
* Replace deprecated gtk_dialog_get_action_area with
27/10/2014: Version 1.3 released.
* Correct package name for --version option.
* Restore original g_signal_connect() code for dialog buttons; new
gtk_dialog_run() code was buggy.
* Consistent code style; no warnings or errors from checkpatch.pl
in Window Maker source tree.
12/06/2015: Version 1.4 released.
* Now maintained by the Window Maker Developers Team.
* Fix 'unused parameter' compiler warnings.
* Fix 'mixed declarations and code' compiler warnings.
* Update contact information.
22/09/2018: Version 1.5 released.
* Remove support for deprecated Consolekit.
* Add support for suspend and hibernate.
* Update my email address.
* Update manpage.
* Include xpm icon in source rather than installing into a data
directory and loading it from file.
* Add icon for freedesktop.org icon themes.
* Add freedesktop.org desktop entry file.
08/12/2018: Version 1.6 released.
* Destroy dialog window before shutting down.
This is especially useful for suspending or hibernating. After
turning the computer back on, the wmshutdown dialog would still be
open from before, and clicking on the dockapp would not create a new
dialog. So the user would need to try and hunt for the old dialog if
they wanted to use it again.
* Use const in XPM image.
The function gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data expects a const char, and so
previously we had a compiler warning.