-- end --
- Aug 4 2002 - Vito Caputo (email@example.com) -
* a few changes, i can't recall, the interrupt meters have been refined
a bit, main event loop changed but theres a slight bug with the
event loop timing, the timeout doesnt get updated dynamically if the
main select() exits before the timeout... you can see this by say
dragging an icon over wmsysmon a bunch, the meters will all shrink
if interrupts are ocurring, because the time between polls of
the interrupt counts is shorter than before, causing it to think
theres less interrupts, when in fact, there was less time for them
to occur, minor bug.
- Dec 24 2001 - Vito Caputo (firstname.lastname@example.org) -
* minor cleanups, in wmgeneral.c added static int where was just static.
(int is assumed but caused warning in -Wall), also removed some
- Dec 23 2001 - Vito Caputo (email@example.com) -
* removed profiling instrumentation, it's no longer needed.
* updated meters, the behaviour is changed a bit, interrupts that
never occur dont get the _ level so you can see which are inactive
in the system, and they should be more responsive.
* removed usleep() usage and switched to poll() with a timeout on the
X connection fd, more efficient and allows expose events to be handled
with less latency.
- Jul 11 2000 - Vito Caputo (firstname.lastname@example.org) -
* eliminated the memcpy() used for copying interrupt statistics into
backups for comparison in next iteration, now simply swaps pointers.
* made new profile, organized existing profiles.
- Jun 29 2000 - Vito Caputo (email@example.com) -
* added profiling instrumentation to code for TAU
* optimized DrawMem() routine, which profiling revealed as being 96%
of the total CPU time used in 0.6.0.
* optimized DrawStuff() routine
* added simple drawing management code, not quite drawing list but
more efficient in most cases than blitting whole tile. Anything
more complex will probably outweigh the benefits since we're
dealing with such a small area.
* removed some unused routines that were left behind from Dave Clarks
release, and some junk in wmgeneral.c, next release may have no
wmgeneral.c, even though it would be pointless to remove it since
the same code would be sitting in wmsysmon.c, its probably more
* after extensive profiling, it has been discovered that polling
/proc/meminfo is expensive no matter how you go about parsing it,
linux 2.4 in theory does this faster, but I have changed the meminfo
polling to be a fraction of the refresh rate used, this makes things
alot more CPU (system) friendly.
* fix to drawing management code, was not adding all dirty's properly
* added small test program for benchmarking /proc/meminfo
* line #'s are calculated at startup now for /proc/meminfo and
/proc/stat entries we use, so no strchr()'s every iteration, and order
changes in /proc/meminfo and /proc/stat formatting shouldnt break it.
* some code cleanup
* fix to Makefile, some systems were not finding includes in
/usr/X11R6/include without -I/usr/X11R6/include
- Apr 24 2000 - Vito Caputo (firstname.lastname@example.org) -
* added interrupt meters, i like i like :)
* set intterrupt meters to default behavior, added -l to arguements
to set old lights behavior and to help screen.
* new feature, 0.6.0 now :)
- Apr 2 2000 - Vito Caputo (email@example.com) -
* fixed some problems with parsing files in /proc, much much faster
now. (toyed with drawing lists and some other things but broke most
of wmsysmon, will be rewriting the stuff in wmgeneral.c eventually)
- Mar 5 2000 - Vito Caputo (firstname.lastname@example.org) -
* fixed typo in HI_INTS version of help (wmsysmon -h) interrupts 0-24
* upped version # to 0.5.1
* another fix to the lights, Ignacy's fix fixed blinking but broke
optimization (if lights were off they were always refreshed)
- Mar 5 2000 - Ignacy Gawedzki (email@example.com)
* little fix to the lights, which kept blinking.
- Feb 12 2000 - Vito Caputo (firstname.lastname@example.org) -
* created this changelog
* reformatted code to my liking
* converted c++ style comments (bleh, ick) to C style.
* upgraded version # to 0.5
* changed link to old non-maintained (dead?) wmsysmon site in usage
to GNU Generation site with maintained wmsysmon.
* added the ascii diagram to the usage dialog
* removed wmgeneral/ and misc.c and list.c, pointless.
* added proper GNU GPL notice to wmsysmon.c
- Jan 25 2000 - Vito Caputo (email@example.com) -
* After sending updates to previous maintainer decided to simply
takeover maintennance of wmsysmon, if anyone objects, tough, get off
your a*s and maintain it yourself, nothings stopping you, behold the
power of the GNU GPL.
* optimized uptime refresh to only redraw uptime when changed
* optimized swap & mem usage percent bars to only redraw when changed
* optimized IO usage percent bar to only redraw when changed
* optimized interrupt lites to only redraw when changed
* rewrote Makefile, chaged ALPHA_VERSION to HI_INTS (SMP x86 boxes use
this too so its not alpha only)
-- begin --