/* sample.h: generate a sample from a utf-8 string.
* Copyright (C) 2007 Olly Betts
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
/* Take a utf-8 string and clean up whitespace to produce a sample of at most
* maxlen bytes. If the input string is too long, we try to avoid truncating
* mid word, and then append " ..." (or "..." if we have to truncate a word).
std::string generate_sample(const std::string & input, size_t maxlen);
#endif // OMEGA_INCLUDED_SAMPLE_H