/* Palette-manipulation functions functions for xcftools
* This file was written by Henning Makholm <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* It is hereby in the public domain.
* In jurisdictions that do not recognise grants of copyright to the
* public domain: I, the author and (presumably, in those jurisdictions)
* copyright holder, hereby permit anyone to distribute and use this code,
* in source code or binary form, with or without modifications. This
* permission is world-wide and irrevocable.
* Of course, I will not be liable for any errors or shortcomings in the
* code, since I give it away without asking any compenstations.
* If you use or distribute this code, I would appreciate receiving
* credit for writing it, in whichever way you find proper and customary.
#define MAX_PALETTE 256
extern rgba palette[MAX_PALETTE] ;
extern unsigned paletteSize ;
typedef uint8_t index_t ;
/* lookup_or_intern() returns a negative number if there is no room
* for the color in the palette.
int lookup_or_intern(rgba color);
/* palettify_row will convert a row of 'rgba' values into a packed row
* of 'uint8_t' indces. If it succeeds without running out of colormap
* entries, it returns nonzero. On the other hand if it does run out
* of colormap entries it returns zero _and_ undoes the conversions
* already done, so that the row is still a full row of 'rgba' values
int palettify_row(rgba *row,unsigned ncols);
/* palettify_rows is like palettify_rows, but works on several
* rows at a time.
int palettify_rows(rgba *rows,unsigned ncols,unsigned nlines);
#endif /* PALETTE_H */