Changelog for version Xdx (2.5)
* Complete function key command entry support.
* Add close dialog when Ctl-Q is used to exit.
* Update manual page to current conventions.
* Update GPL boiler plate for current FSF mailing address.
Thanks, Walter Fey, DL8FCL.
* Spanish translation update from Baltasar, EA8BVP.
* German translation update from Tom, DL1JBE.
* Polish translation update from Bogusław, SQ5TB.
* Update to CTY-2505 – 20 April 2015.
* Add Keywords entry to desktop file.
Changelog for version Xdx (2.4.3)
* Apply Debian patch from bug #577377.
* Bring build system up to date for later versions of Autotools.
* Do not track any build system generated files in Git VCS.
* Modify source as needed for clean build with Gtk+ 2.24.
* New upstream maintainer, Nate Bargmann, N0NB <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Development hosted at https://github.com/N0NB/xdx
* Portuguese translation update from David, CT1DRB
* Add support to load updated country file using command line option,
environment variable, or placing cty.dat in the preferences directory.
* Fix URI handling for GTK+ 2.24 and later.
Changelog for version xdx (2.4.2)
* German translations added.
* Improved gnuplot script for proper use of time format for the x-axis.
* Both contributions by Tom DL1JBE, Thanks!
Changelog for version xdx (2.4.1)
* This fixes compilation against version 2.14 of GTK+. Thanks to Tom,
DL1JBE for notifying me.
Changelog for version xdx (2.4)
* Added automatic country lookup by Emanuele IZ0ETE. In order for this to
work you need to enable the country column in the preferences dialog.
* With this release visible columns need to be reconfigured.
* Portuguese translation added. Thanks to David, CT1DRB.
Changelog for version xdx (2.3)
* Compilation fixes for MAC OS X. Thanks to IZ0ETE.
Changelog for version xdx (2.2)
* This fixes compilation issues due to a missing time.h include statement.
Changelog for version xdx (2.1)
* French, Spanish and Polish translation updates.
* Allow zero length strings in the commands autologin entry. This will send
a plain return.
* Make sure we can fill in the callsign in the settings dialog.
* Use glib functions for calling external programs.
* CLX compatibility for auto-reconnect has been added.
Changelog for version xdx (2.0)
* Polish translations by Boguslaw Ciastek SQ5TB, thanks!
* A Dutch manual has been added.
* Updated gettext and automake version used.
* Install a .desktop file.
* Language files and manuals have been converted to UTF-8.
* The send widget is now a multiline text widget which allows entry of more
* Fonts used for DX messages (top window) and other messages (bottom window)
can now be changed through the preferences dialog.
* Linespacing added to the chat window, which makes it better readable.
* You can turn local echo off in the preferences dialog.
* The position of the divider between the chat and DX window is now saved.
* You can now use highlights in the chat window. Highlights will produce
colored text. Words to be highlighted can be set in the 'chat sidebar'.
When the checkbox next to the highlighted word is checked, xdx will search
for a highlight in all of the incoming text. When the checkbox is unchecked,
only the text after the prompt is searched.
* Checkboxes can be activated with ctrl-1 to ctrl-8. Entries can be focused
with alt-1 to alt-8.
* Alt-0 will switch focus to the send widget.
* Colors used for highlighting can be set in page 3 of the preferences dialog.
* The chat sidebar can be shown/hidden with F4.
* You can disable automatic scrolling of the chat window by clicking in the
window. Same for the DX window.
* Parse of the DX cluster output has been improved. Xdx would sporadically
miss DX messages.
* A new about dialog has been added.
* The manual now uses monospace font. It is activated with F1.
* Auto reconnect has been added. When activated through the settings menu,
xdx will try to reconnect when the connection is broken. This code is
* To keep track of your connections a connection log is kept. It can be
viewed from the menu (Ctrl+l).
* Xdx can send a keepalive packet every 5 minutes, which is useful for
bad network connections. You must activate it in the settings dialog.
* Sound support has been added. When a highlight is active in the chat
window, a sound can be heard. You must use another program to play sound
and set it in the first page of the preferences dialog.
* Both ON4KST and DX-cluster prompts in the chat window are now colorized.
The callsign is bold.
* All of the colors in the chat window are now configurable.
* When wwv data is saved, files with "tab seperated values" will be saved
for every WWV host. See the MANUAL for the data format.
Changelog for version xdx (1.2)
* Fixed compilation against GTK+ version 2.4.
* Added spanish translations and manual by Baltasar Perez, EB8AKF. Thanks!
* A new option added to the preferences dialog which allows showing/hiding
of columns in the spots window.
Changelog for version xdx (1.1)
* Correctly save preferences and history when selecting program->exit from
the menu. This bug was reported by Wilbert Knol ZL2BSJ, thanks!
* Set the cursor after the entry when recalling history of the command line.
Changelog for version xdx (1.0)
* A preferences dialog has been added.
* A URL in the chat window will now appear blue and underlined when your
mouse is over it. Clicking on it will open the link in your preferred
browser or mail program (see the preferences dialog).
* Fixed saving of position, size of the main window and columnwidths.
* Support for smileys (:) :-) :)) :-)) ;) ;-) :( :-( :(( :-(()
in the chatwindow.
* Basic hamlib support. Double clicking on a dxspot will set your rig's
frequency. Needs the rigctl binary from the hamlib distribution.
* Autologin has been added. To use it, enter your callsign in the preferences
dialog. You can also add a comma separated list of commands here, which
will be sent after login to the cluster.
* Dxspots, wcy/wwv information, toall and wx information can be saved to
independent files when activated from the preferences dialog.