XPN - X Python Newsreader
* v1.2.6: Now threads with unread watched articles are underlined
* v1.2.6: added a visualization option that lets you hide threads without
* v1.2.6: watched articles
* v1.2.6: fixed a bug that caused XPN not to kill old articles reapplying rules
* v1.2.6: fixed a bug that caused crashes when using ID with extended chars
* v1.2.5: rewritten the articles management, now the articles are stored in a
SQLite dB. Articles management now is faster and easier.
Your xpn-1.0.0 groups and articles will be automatically imported
and converted to the new format.
* v1.2.5: added a filter toolbar that lets you filter the articles by Subject
From and Body content.
* v1.2.5: improved the algorithm used to build the discussion threads
* v1.2.5: revisited the menus and some windows
* v1.2.5: added automatic headers download every tot minutes
* v1.2.5: some minor fixes and refinements.
* v1.0.0: added multi-identity support
* v1.0.0: added nineteen new layouts
* v1.0.0: fixed a bug that made garbled the X-Faces in replies
* v1.0.0: merged a patch from Facundo Batista that lets me work on Threads objects.
Its first application is the 'View Option' 'Show All Read Threads' that
lets you hide/show threads with all read articles.
* v1.0.0: eventually GTK supports the long awaited set_enable_tree_lines property, that
shows connecting lines between articles in the same thread
* v1.0.0: some minor fixes.
* v0.7.0: added basic multiserver support.
This change has required some modifications to the groups db
format, in order to keep your subscriptions you need to export
to a newsrc file from XPN-0.6.5 and reimport it in XPN-0.7.0.
* v0.7.0: now is possible to use Function keys for customized keybindings
* v0.7.0: modified the command used to test the connection in order to
prevent hamster hang-ups.
* v0.7.0: fixed a bug that caused XPN to crash trying to export newsrc
file with empty groups subscribed.
* v0.7.0: fixed a bug in "Apply Scoring and Actions Rules" feature that
caused XPN crashes trying to apply !kill rule.
* v0.7.0: some minor fixes.
* v0.6.5: now is possible to customize the keyboad shortcuts. XPN will also
check for duplicated shortcuts
* v0.6.5: added a new way to show threads, now is possible to put the
threads expander in the From column
* v0.6.5: now is possible to subscribe a group writing its name manually
so you don't have to download the groups list
* v0.6.5: now is possible to limit the number of articles headers to
download with the Get New Headers function
* v0.6.5: now is possible to choose the headers to show in the Article Pane,
and the background color of this area now is customizable
* v0.6.5: added two new layouts for the main window
* v0.6.5: now is possible to re-apply the scoring/action rules on the
articles you have already downloaded.
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the Config Window that caused XPN not to change the
color for URLs.
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug that caused XPN not open the next article when the
first thread was selected and collapsed
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the View Parent function
* v0.6.5: fixed a bug in the Export Newsrc function, that caused ad crash
trying to export groups with 0 articles inside.
* v0.5.7: fixed a bug that caused XPN not to open empty articles
* v0.5.7: fixed a bug that occurs with newer GTK releases that caused XPN not
to show bold face fonts in Groups Pane and Threads Pane
* v0.5.7: added a key-combo that lets you scroll up the article
* v0.5.7: fixed an issue with orderings save.
* v0.5.7: reorganized and changed the appearance of the Config Window
* v0.5.7: changed the appearance of the Score Window
* v0.5.7: changed the way article headers and X-Face are shown in the Article Pane
* v0.5.7: added a groups context menu
* v0.5.7: added some new voices in the threads context menu
* v0.5.6: added message-id recognition. Now XPN tries to recognize message-ids
in the text and make them clickable in order to open a search window.
* v0.5.6: added a dialog window that informs you when XPN downloads new
articles in watched threads.
* v0.5.6: some improvements in Global Search, now is possible to perform
* v0.5.6: now XPN checks if there are other istances running (it uses
the file xpn.lock in the XPN directory). This behaviour should
prevent database break off.
* v0.5.6: some fixes in the Score Window
* v0.5.6: fixed some bugs in header management
* v0.5.6: fixed a bug that caused crashes with multipart articles with
* v0.5.6: changed subversion
* v0.5.5: improved support for outgoing/draf articles, now is possible to
re-edit queued articles.
* v0.5.5: added a simple SSL connection support (no certificates checks)
* v0.5.5: added multipart article support (no binary attachments support)
* v0.5.5: added German translation (thanks to Rene Fischer)
* v0.5.5: fixed a bug that caused crashes with strange Date fields
* v0.5.5: fixed a bug in newsrc importing, now is alse possible to import
not standard newsrc files like the Xnews ones.
* v0.5.5: fixed a bug in the newsrc system that caused a crash with groups
containings lots of articles
* v0.5.5: a lot of little bug-fixes and little enhancements
* v0.5.5: changed subversion
* v0.5.0: added some checks on the validity of out-going articles, as required by
* v0.5.0: added Reply-To, Followup-To and Newsgroups headers in the Article Pane,
as required by the GNKSA2.0
* v0.5.0: added !setcolor action, it lets you modify the foreground and
backgrounnd colors of the article.
* v0.5.0: added inverted rules, they are successfull when the match is not
* v0.5.0: now is possible to disable the threaded view.
* v0.5.0: now sorting column in the Threads Pane is stored
* v0.5.0: the header parser has been rewritten
* v0.5.0: added double-click support when you subscribe/unsubscribe
groups (thanks to Lethalman).
* v0.5.0: fixed a bug in the autowrap feature that created double lines
in some circumstances.
* v0.5.0: now the "View Raw Article" is correctly stored.
* v0.4.6: improved speed in article retrieving
* v0.4.6: added an indicator of unread articles in thread, now you don't have to open
the thread in order to know if it contains unread articles.
* v0.4.6: now the "CANCEL" works again, and "SUPERSEDE" lets you re-edit the original
* v0.4.6: fixed some pygtk issues, now XPN works correctly also with pygtk2.6 (and GTK2.6)
* v0.4.6: fixed a bug in the "Edit Mail" window that caused some errors when closing
* v0.4.6: now the Error Dialog is shown also when XPN isn't able to start (thanks
to Antonio Valentino).
* v0.4.6: fixed some issues with shelve module that caused problems on some FreeBSD systems.
* v0.4.6: some improvements in the french translation (thanks to Patrick Lamaiziere)
* v0.4.6: some changes in the "raw view" management.
* v0.4.6: changed subversion
* v0.4.5: added X-Face support (thanks to Andrew Taylor for helping me in the translation
Mnenhy Thunderbird extension)
* v0.4.5: added Face support (note you can't send Faces, because this is a non standard
* v0.4.5: added i18n support with gettext. At the moment the supported languages
are Italian and French (thanks to Guillaume Bedot for the code and for the
* v0.4.5: rewrote NNTP connection handler as an externale module. Now it should be
more readable and more reliable.
* v0.4.5: some refinements in watch/ignore/mark features
* v0.4.5: fixed some quirk behaviours in the wrapping feature. Now the live wrapping
should work better.
* v0.4.5: added Subject based threading, it's used when References based threading fails
* v0.4.5: now XPN can generate Message-IDs, and you can also use a personal [pseudo-]FQDN.
* v0.4.5: added command line options, now you can run xpn with "-d" option and it will
store articles and configs files inside a .xpn directory in your home-dir.
(thanks to Guillaume Bedot for the code)
* v0.4.5: added a simple outbox, you can store your articles in it when you are
offline and then send them when you estabilish the connection with
* v0.4.5: now XPN should autmatically repair its database when it gets corrupted.
* v0.4.5: some fixes for Supersede/Cancel features
* v0.4.5: now you can select multiple row in groups list. So for instance you can
subscribe more than one group with one click, or you can use the new
"download new headers in selected groups".
* v0.4.5: now you can use a different From field when you reply by mail
* v0.4.5: fixed a bug introduced in the previous release that caused a crash trying
to use a NickName with extended characters in it.
* v0.4.5: changed subversion
* v0.4.0: added off-line reading. Now you can download the whole bodies, or mark
some article and download their bodies.
* v0.4.0: added Keep Article and Watch/Ignore SubThread
* v0.4.0: added actions rule, now you can !keep, !watch, !ignore (and so on) your
article through rules
* v0.4.0: now XPN stores the position and the size of Main Window and Edit Window
* v0.4.0: now you can customize the charsets list XPN use to encode your outgoing
* v0.4.0: improved speed when loading groups list in Groups Window.
* v0.4.0: fixed a bug in the binary version that caused a crash trying to subscribe
* v0.4.0: added Oriental Charsets support (thanks to Python2.4)
* v0.4.0: added Global Search, you can search the whole groups and put the results
in a virtual group
* v0.4.0: added filtered views
* v0.4.0: moved to GTK2.4 and Python2.4
* v0.4.0: added a TraceBack viewer and an error logger
* v0.4.0: reorganized some menus
* v0.4.0: now the background color is changed also on Groups Pane and Headers pane
* v0.4.0: added a lot of little features/enhancements
* v0.4.0: fixed a lot of bugs
* v0.4.0: changed subversion and minorversion
* v0.3.5: improved speed when you open an article
* v0.3.5: fixed a bug in the smtp connection
* v0.3.5: fixed (again) a date sorting bug
* v0.3.5: now you can hide read articles
* v0.3.5: added spoiler char (^L or formfeed) support.
* v0.3.5: added "mute quote" and "mute signature" features
* v0.3.5: added "Supersede Article" and "Cancel Article" features
* v0.3.5: added three buttons "A" "H" "G" that let you zoom the Article/Headers/Groups Pane
* v0.3.5: reorganized the Score Window
* v0.3.5: added a Regular Expression Tester in the Score Window
* v0.3.5: changed subversion
* v0.3.1: added "One Click View" feature. Now you can open an article with a single click on it
* v0.3.1: fixed some bugs related to the followup function
* v0.3.1: fixed the timeout bug. Now XPN continue working even if the connection gets a timeout
* v0.3.1: added "Reply By Mail" feature. Now you can reply by mail directly from XPN. You can
specify the portnumber and you can use username and password if the server requires
* v0.3.1: changed subversion
* v0.3.0: now headers are collected with XOVER command
* v0.3.0: added scoring system, with a simple rules editor/viewer (see xpn.html for the details)
* v0.3.0: little changes in the header encoding. Now the encoding used for the header is not linked
to the encoding used for the body
* v0.3.0: fixed a bug in the custom headers support
* v0.3.0: little changes in the rot13 support
* v0.3.0: added "find in the body" feature
* v0.3.0: added regular expressions support whe you search a group in the Groups Window
* v0.3.0: added article search feature. Now you can search an article in the threads pane, also
with regular expressions. You can search in From, Subject, Msg-id and References
headers and in the body (only for read articles), and combine the results with AND
or OR logic
* v0.3.0: a lot of little changes and fixes
* v0.3.0: changed minorversion
* v0.2.7: added external editor support
* v0.2.7: little change about rot13, now if there isn't selected text the whole article
will be encoded/decoded
* v0.2.7: fixed a bug caused by articles with strange line-terminators
* v0.2.7: little change in connection handling. Now you can enter a group and read already
read articles without having to estabilish a connection with server
* v0.2.7: fixed a bug in Import Newsrc
* v0.2.7: now the function that builds the threaded-view is much faster
* v0.2.7: other little changes
* v0.2.7: changed subversion
2004-04-23 Antonio Caputo <email@example.com>
* v0.2.6: added Import/Export newsrc file
* v0.2.6: added autoencode feature. Now XPN automatically chooses the best
encodig for outgoing articles
* v0.2.6: fixed another bug in threads building
* v0.2.6: updated xpn.html file
* v0.2.6: changed subversion
2004-04-02 Antonio Caputo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* v0.2.5: added read articles persistance. When you read an article XPN
stores it. You can set two purge time (one for read article and another
one for unread articles), after that time article will be deleted
* v0.2.5: now you can select the text in Article Pane, and if you try a
followup to newsgroup, only the selected text will be quoted
* v0.2.5: added token %e, it stands for the email
* v0.2.5: added token (%n,%g ...) recognition in X-header fields
* v0.2.5: fixed a little bug in threads building. References: null no
longer blocks XPN
* v0.2.5: fixed a bug that affected the "custom launcher" entry in the
config window (thanks to Valentino Volonghi)
* v0.2.5: changed subversion
2004-02-29 Antonio Caputo <email@example.com>
* v0.2.2: restored date sorting
* v0.2.2: fixed some strange behaviours in threads_pane
* v0.2.2: added more encodings
* v0.2.2: added support for web urls. Now you can open web urls, you can
also customize the browser launcher command
* v0.2.2: now when you move to another group the article pane is cleared
* v0.2.2: minor changes in Article module
* v0.2.2: added port number customization
* v0.2.2: fixed an uncaught exception in "Add Tagline"
+ v0.2.2: newsgroup list download now is made in a different Thread
* v0.2.2: changed subversion
2004-02-08 Antonio Caputo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* v0.2.0: rewritten header fetching routine. Now header fetching is about
ten times faster
* v0.2.0: minor changes in article fetching
* v0.2.0: namespace moved from "XPN" to "xpn_src"
* v0.2.0: added server logs viewer
* v0.2.0: fixed "double click on groups pane" bug
* v0.2.0: changed minorversion
2004-01-24 Antonio Caputo <email@example.com>
* v0.1.8: namespace moved from "src" to "XPN"
* v0.1.8: layout changes now are made "on the fly"
* v0.1.8: added *bold*, /italic/, _undeline_, recognition
* v0.1.8: added "MODE READER" command after connection estabilishment
Now you can use XPN with INN2
* v0.1.8: supersedes header is now disabled, I have to study the RFC
* v0.1.8: some enhancements in connections handling
* v0.1.8: fixed date display
* v0.1.8: fixed some headers related bugs, now you can you use ":" in
you custom headers
* v0.1.8: fixed the "deleting last line" bug in the Edit Win
* v0.1.8: some changes in quoting style, the first level quote now
is "> ", in past versions was ">"
* v0.1.8: added url recognition and colouring whith a user defined color
* v0.1.8: fixed the "Row: Col:" display in the Edit Window. Now update
occurs even if you only move the cursor
* v0.1.8: changed subversion