The following things should be done:
1. Right aligned lines in editor buffer. (Label already works).
Lines could be right-aligned if they start with a newline.
2. IIIM Internet/Intranet Input Method
3. Making external bidi converter to convert between yudit-bidi and
unicode-bidi. The class denoted is:
This clas should be finished.
4. Adding more Indic scripts. Tamil is fully supported.
Need Pango and TISCII X11 fonts - they should be made to
work with Yudit.
5. X11 UTF-8 fucntions should be used, if available, by Yudit.
(utf-8 keyboard, e.t.c.)
Unicode requires a lot of mapping between characters. BUmap
is very old and it existed before anything else. It was written
so that is universal, and I spent more time on it than on the
whole program altogether. I think this map should be re-designed.
Speed migh not be an issue especially if you read point 3.
7.Version 2.5 broke background printing. It shuld be restored.
The problem is that all event are handled now in a job and
when a job is executed the job is removed already. So event next
does not call the updating job!
8. Add better clustering-kmap design. I was pointed to this:
9. Add Old Hungarian into PUA so that people can at least
enter old scripts - even though it is not a standard way.
The following classes need cleanup:
Make focus work on multiple panes, modal handling cleanup.
Remove unncecessary code
Handle colormap change.
Add one big happy pixmap instead of creating many small ones
(like in swindow/swin32/SWin32.cpp)
Need external encoding support for X11 fonts.
- Have to decide whther to support unicode fully or
invent a new coding standard.
a) If support unicode STextData should change:
- unicode character data (UCS4) should be inside.
- with marks to visual representation, line-beraking
ordering, glyph boundaries in a parallel data-structure.
- glyphs should be generated on the fly, on-demand.
- undo and insert should be available at character level.
- memory mapped data file.
- along with these changes minor changes need to be made on
rendering engine and widget set, like:
a) scrollbar calculation should have an estimating
b) only visible text should be touched, and glyphs should
not be asked for it it is not on screen.
b) Not using unicode internally would have very good affect on
any application. I am thinking about using unicode for compatibility
reasons only. The format I want to use internally should have
the following attributes:
- character type determined from character code with a bit mask.
This would make it possible for application to avoid loading
huge data strucutres. It would even make things possible like
ameking a non-spacing mark as spacing-mark with a bit-mask.
- character shaping determined by a very clear and short calculation.
- there is one way to represent one character.
I am constantly added things to these attributes. The goal is to
make _only_conversion_routines_ aware of the huge database unicode
applications currently holding, leaving the application with
the task to perform their duties in a nice and elegant way. When
a new character is introduced the character should automatically