actually this is more of a proof-of-concept done in one day.
So for more development a more thought-about structure should be
there. Maybe even adding ideas or elements from CMFTypes to it
(Storage layer, etc.)
So for now here are the short-term TODOs:
- move title/id to Formulator form (maybe just Title to keep it secure)
- make a version which is folder-like
- make it also possible to create ordered folder-like types
and the long term TODOs:
- make a separate field editor to be able to make more configuration on fields
(e.g. is it searchable? edit an accessor method)
Then Formulator would just be used to presentation.
- it might be cool to be able to add new types throught the plone
interface (e.g. in your members folder). Here a lot of thought
needs to be done (will all ppl be able to use them, how is it
registered in the types tool, ...)
- make storage more intelligent, e.g. create File/Image objects for
certain fields (maybe configurable through the field editor)
(File objects will be created now for FileFields)
- add stuff from CMFTypes like I18NLayer, Transformation etc.
- maybe make if ZPatterns aware so that storage is pluggable. I know that
ZPatterns is not liked that much (maybe because not understood) but some
examples might help there.
So, that's it for now.. As it's basically a try to get an idea reality
I don't know how much time I can permit to this project but we will see :)